How Long Do You Rest Between Your Worksets ( Grip Only )?

Jörg Keilbach

Anywhere from Load and Go to several minutes - depending on what attribute I am working.

3 - 4 minutes between sets. I always time my rest periods with a stopwatch.

Depends on the workout. 1-10 minutes.

5 min for gripper singles.

3 min for normal work sets.

1 min for lighter stuff.

10 minutes sometimes, for Rolling Thunder and other fat bars.

3 minutes for working sets. 5 minutes for negatives or singles close to max. All timed with a stopwatch.

i'll rest as long as i need to (i don't time it). if another minute or two of rest dictates the success of the feat, I will wait.

As long as I can, depends how patient I am at the time. 2-4 minutes probably. If I miss a blob lift it's hard to wait for another attempt.

Depends on the purpose! Maximum is around 5min - no longer because my hands cool down after this time and can't do anything near peak performance. But normally I tend to do around 1min for additional and speed exercises - or less.

Edited by Burkhard Macht

I never actually rest...I go to different exercises in between. At the gym I'll do a set of squats, then go over to the dumbbell rack and do hammer curls ....etc.

At home when doing grip stuff, I'll go from RT curls, to a thumb squeeze on a clamp, then push ups, then a gripper close...and just repeat that until I'm ready to max.

I found hitting that clamp in between gripper sets is very helpful. It could be mental, but I do better at grippers when I use the clamp. It's not a max...but I use it to have the thumbs ready for pinch, after grippers.