Hex Compared To York Blobs...

SilentDude

I do know that half of a hex dumbell is not a true blob. But I was just wondering how they compare, which is easier(which is defiantly a relative term) A 50 lb hex blob, or a 50 lb York Blob. Right now All i'm working with is my hex. Thanks agian.

As far as training is concerned Hex block weights are just as good as York. The York block weights are a bit harder because the side flares out a little making it rounder.

Heath wrote a post earlier saying that the 50lb hex helped him greatly.

There is an enitre chapter on this in Master of Hand Strength by John Brookfield. Any person serious about grip will recommend this book.

-Erik

Master of Hand Strength by John Brookfield. Any person serious about grip will recommend this book.

-Erik

Didn't somebody suggest we make this mandatory reading for this board? :mosher:happy

To be honest I have read that, but I lost the book :(:blink I'm still looking for it. don't recall him tlakin about hex or block blobs though... < < oh well

• 2 weeks later...

I was at a friends house recently, where he has a full rack of dumbbells. THeyre Ivanko hex jobbies, but unlike the traditional hex dumbbells, the sides are like the yorks, rounded. Maybe if these are easier/cheaper to get, these may be a nice alternative..

~Steve

Thanks for the shopping tip Revtor, the old york dumbells seem non exsistent in this neck of the woods.

Jon@han