Gripmania

silverbackgrip

I'm thinking I'll be there.

It is going to be a rough day for some steel...

I'll go just to finally meet everyone and drink some beers with you. We've been trying to plan something for years now. And yes, some steel will be killed that day

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 2

Does the stage in the bar have stripper poles? Alcohol and strippers, not sure how much lifting would occur!

Did I hear strippers??? I'll be disappearing from the contest

• Like 1

Gripper one. How far of a drive is Jersey from west TN:)

Probably about thirteen hours or so. I just checked and that's what it is for me. Wanna carpool?

Ok... so either this is the most amazing idea ever, or me being up the past 36 hours has fried my brain haha

be honest about you opinions. I could take it.

The last event will be the Royal Rumble!
Hear me out...

It will involve a head to head with the Silver Bullet in a single elimination tournament.

1) One name will be randomly drawn from a hat, and they will square off against an opponent if their choosing.

2) They will both quickly decide what # gripper to use. If they cannot come to an agreement in a timely fashion, the ref will decide for them.

3) They will simultaneously start the Silver Bullet hold.

4) the loser is eliminated and winner goes to the next round.

5) The Process is repleted until we have the last two standing.

Not sure how the point system will work, but I have 9 months to figure it out.

• Like 1

This last event is still in the rough stages, any suggestions welcome. I basically want the last event to be a face off worthy of GripMania!

I like the spirit of the Royal Rumble, but two things:

1) If they start simultaneously they would be on different grippers. That won't be even.

2) You wouldn't want to rumble. Ideally you'd win once late and suddenly win overall?

You could do a bracket and face off with an oly bar challenge I saw once. I couldn't find the video. I feel like it was at Sorinex maybe...

Anyway you have two guys facing off. They each stand at one end of an oly bar. Their side gets loaded with 50% of their body weight. At the signal, they pick up their respective side by the thick part of the bar end with one hand. So between the two of them they are holding up the bar. If you drop your side, you're out.

I'll keep looking for the vid.

• Like 1

I simply cannot remember enough about the vid to find it. Hopefully someone else remembers. Now I'm thinking it was a Horne contest.

Just get a thick wooden dowel. One man grabs one side, one man grabs the other and the object is to twist it out of your opponents hand. Winner moves on, loser drops to loser bracket. Do it tournament bracket style.

If you score the event Reverse strongman it keeps the math clean when you don't have straight weight events like this.

You could do a bracket and face off with an oly bar challenge I saw once. I couldn't find the video. I feel like it was at Sorinex maybe...

Anyway you have two guys facing off. They each stand at one end of an oly bar. Their side gets loaded with 50% of their body weight. At the signal, they pick up their respective side by the thick part of the bar end with one hand. So between the two of them they are holding up the bar. If you drop your side, you're out.

Here's something I posted 5 years ago or so...

http://www.dieselcrew.com/grip-training-faceoff-bar-hold

• Like 3

Here's something I posted 5 years ago or so...

http://www.dieselcrew.com/grip-training-faceoff-bar-hold

Yes, exactly that! I know I saw a video at some point, but this is perfect.

• Like 1

Jedd, i sort of just skimmed through the link, and thought i read that bigger stronger competitors should put heavier weight on his or her side?..

That's all up to the promoter, my man. HA hA.

This is shaping up to be pretty damn nice. And I really like the idea of a bar and beer on tap. EJ likes beer.

Jedd, i sort of just skimmed through the link, and thought i read that bigger stronger competitors should put heavier weight on his or her side?..

That's all up to the promoter, my man. HA hA.
Word.

If that turns out to be the scenario, i will waive my option to the lighter weight if i am the lighter guy in the match.. Should i get a chance for a dual with the Jedder, or any bigger competitor, im going same weight. (Strikes Captain Morgan pose) lol!

Going head to head with Jedd usually doesn't work out all that well. :)

• Like 1

The location for GripMania is official!

Ringside Pub in West Caldwell, NJ 07006

Nov 5th 2016

I wasn't able to get the 1st floor with the stage, but we have the 2nd floor to ourselves.

Beer on tap, plenty of open space and darts / pool for friends and family that accompany you to the competition!

Edited by Euclides
  • Like 2

Awesome!!

Is it cool if I bring a friend? You all will probably wanna meet him.

Edited by EJ Livesey

Awesome!!

Is it cool if I bring a friend? You all will probably wanna meet him.

of course bro!

Awesome! But now that I think about it, it might be two friends. But they are good people.