Pinch Gripping Plates

Tom Page

For the past 6 months I have been amazed at you guys that can pinch 5-10's......and Wade? well for get about him he is just sick at 6 plates.

A couple of months ago I tried four plates and all I got was a splater and aloud noise in the gym. But just for grins I tried it last week and it was so easy I couldn't believe it. Then this morning I tried 4-10's + a 5 and it came right off the floor :rock I stood there just holding them in disbelief. I have been pumped up all day :D I know it is not 5-10's but at least I can smell them around the corner :rolleyes

good job tom, i know what you mean just recently i pinch 50lbs plate with 2 fingers, it was hard but i got it, and i can pinch four 10's pretty easy i've never tried 5 i gotta sometime

Pinching with that many plates is as much about setting the plates properly and getting the correct grip, IMO (at least to a point).

Good job Tom-you will be there in no time.

I was pinching 4-10s and then I went out one day and BAM, 5-10s took the air ride.

It will come- :mosher Next up-shoot for 8-5s. Very decieving in difficulty.

Rick Walker :rock

I guess doing 6x5lb's isn't that much of an accomplishment then... but I have no 10lb plates... I can pinch 3 10kg (22 lb) plates, still working on the 2x20k (44lb) plates.

Good job Tom!!!

Was the 5lb'er in the middle of the stack or on one of the sides??

Jon@han

Jonathan The 5# plate was on the side

good job :mosher

just keep on trianing and you'll get 5-10's

:cool

Nicely done! How wide are 5 10's put together? I've got a 4" block I use. It's 24 lbs. and my best has been with and added 20 lbs. I'm wondering how much wider than that 5 10's are.

Nicely done! How wide are 5 10's put together? I've got a 4" block I use. It's 24 lbs. and my best has been with and added 20 lbs. I'm wondering how much wider than that 5 10's are.

They are over 4.5 inches but the trick is squeeezing them hard enough as well so they do not slip away from each other :happy

Tom, i measured my 10's 5 of them would be 3.75"

Strong Man

I only have four tens and measured one of them and then did the math in my head. This time I used a calculator and five of them would be 4.375" wide :blush

• Like 1

Guest wells

Remember Tom, Wade has been 'gentically modified' and placed on this board to make us feel like we are unworthies playing with our playdoo instead of real steel. Seriously though Wades posts, feats, photos, and movies have been awfully motivating for me and it is a helpful push on those lagging days. :rock But... Wade is still a gentic freak. You know the US Department of Agriculture's modified corn program gone wild! :tongue

Edited by wells

Strong Man

I only have four tens and measured one of them and then did the math in my head. This time I used a calculator and five of them would be 4.375" wide :blush

oh yea sorry i forgot that u used 4 10's my bad :whacked

speaking of pinching we have a metal block at my house it weights 27.5lbs, it's width is 4" and length 6.5" my brother and i have finally lifted it with 1 finger width wize, with the middle finger but for some odd reason i can't lift it with my right hand only left even tho i'm right handed. :rock

Guest TWilson

I just tried this. Much harder than I expected, but I was able to do it.

I think I could maybe manage 4 tens and a five if my tens were the same size, but they're not which makes it tougher.