Event Most Wanted To See Contested

Eric Roussin

If you were interested and in a position to attend a grip contest this year, which event would you most like to see contested (aside from the Big 3 - block set grippers, two-hand pinch, and DO axle)?

• Like 1

A really good wrist strength set of events. In all directions - there are enough possible range of motions to make an entire contest of them.

Weaver Stick

Supported one and two hand lever to face/head

Rotational sledge in and out

Pickaxe event

Several others as well.

Pick one (or more)

• Like 3

3" FBBC CRUSHER, double inch timeholding and 20mm block reps with unopened ghp7 or 8 gripper.

• Like 3

3" FBBC CRUSHER, double inch timeholding and 20mm block reps with unopened ghp7 or 8 gripper.

We want an event that is possible for normal people...you are far past normal!!!

• Like 2

A really good wrist strength set of events. In all directions - there are enough possible range of motions to make an entire contest of them.

Weaver Stick

Supported one and two hand lever to face/head

Rotational sledge in and out

Pickaxe event

Several others as well.

Pick one (or more)

So much yes in these two posts.

Id like to see 3.5" and 4" crusher for guys like me and juha to tangle with as well.

I have always wanted to see a gripstacle course, mostly for selfish reasons. Big guys are favored in most events, but what if you had to do a timed course that involved some moving around. Like Ninja Warrior meets the grip medley. I would love to see this event and plan to figure it out if CPW ever hosts a contest.

• Like 4

I forgot about this. I remember seeing this video a while ago and thinking this was VERY innovative. It would be cool to do a bracket.

• Like 1

how about for us humans Juha? :grin: lol

I forgot about this. I remember seeing this video a while ago and thinking this was VERY innovative. It would be cool to do a bracket.

I can see Vano coming to the US to kill us all with that thing.

• Like 1

I have always wanted to see a gripstacle course, mostly for selfish reasons. Big guys are favored in most events, but what if you had to do a timed course that involved some moving around. Like Ninja Warrior meets the grip medley. I would love to see this event and plan to figure it out if CPW ever hosts a contest.

I'm down, can't say my fat ass would do well though.

https://www.atomikclimbingholds.com/ninjaparkour

Edited by KapMan

2-3/8" axle

Anvil

Loadabe blob

2.5" saxon bar

And I will make this happen.

3" also has my vote.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

I'm down, can't say my fat ass would do well though.

https://www.atomikclimbingholds.com/ninjaparkour

I'm down too, I just need to know ahead of time so I can take time off work. I have a lot of the atomik hanging stuff that I can bring with me. I also know of a discount code (I think 10 or 20% off) if anyone wants to buy anything from there.

Daniel Reinard was telling me about a climbing and bending challenge at the same time that he did. I think he has a vid on his youtube, let me find it

here it is, just awesome lol, I have to try it next time I visit him

Timed sledge finger walk I think would be cool. Never heard of it happening but it seems like a lot of fun (to watch, not necessarily to do :) )

One Hand Deadlift with an olympic bar. No hook grip allowed.

• Like 2

Ive been out to Adams quite a few times over the last couple years, and every time i go i get mutliple people that want to have a squeeze off with me on this thing.

Even though i have a decent crush in either hand, i have actually lost once on this to Eric M., and on another occasion, to an arm wrestler who didnt even train grip. I think it is an awesome implement, and is super fun to compete 1 on 1 against another guy with.

I would say its more of an open hand strength battle as apposed to a crush grip battle, since you must start from the more open position of parallel.

But im going to have to agree that this could end up being the funnest and most looked forward to event in a contest should someone choose to add it as an event.

Especially if it were last man standing format.

If one can weld it would be also cool to have this for pinch! Like a TTK for two people!

Perhaps this might open the opportunity for GRIP VENDETTAS! :cool

Edited by Burkhard Macht
  • Like 1

Ive been out to Adams quite a few times over the last couple years, and every time i go i get mutliple people that want to have a squeeze off with me on this thing.

Even though i have a decent crush in either hand, i have actually lost once on this to Eric M., and on another occasion, to an arm wrestler who didnt even train grip. I think it is an awesome implement, and is super fun to compete 1 on 1 against another guy with.

I would say its more of an open hand strength battle as apposed to a crush grip battle, since you must start from the more open position of parallel.

But im going to have to agree that this could end up being the funnest and most looked forward to event in a contest should someone choose to add it as an event.

Especially if it were last man standing format.

If one can weld it would be also cool to have this for pinch! Like a TTK for two people!

Perhaps this might open the opportunity for GRIP VENDETTAS! :cool

Good idea! I propose anyone wanting to contest a grip vendetta (grip duel?) can grab each other's necks.

• Like 1

Great that would cover something like wide pinch! :grin: The Utimate grip fight! (in a cage)

We did a pinch block truck pull up hill one year in the cactus grip medley. That was tough. I was the only one to get it moving and make the 25' distance. Something like that or maybe pinch block tug-o-war might be fun.

- Aaron

• Like 2