Water On Hands

wobbler

Search is too noisy for this one: do you wet or moisten your hands for certain pinch lifts?

For example, I'll do blobs and a slippery pinch block in the same workout. Chalk with the blobs, then I need to get it off for the pinch block and there is definitely a sweet spot where your fingers are a little tacky. Is that "cheating" or is this a common thing? It's not much different than blowing on your fingers to get a little moisture, but it's much faster and easier.

I also don't like my skin to dry out and only feel comfortable for like 20 minutes chalked up.

In competitions for the Rolling Thunder, I always go off to the bathroom and wash (actually just rinse real well) my hands. I get back right as the event begins. For me, it's 5-10 pounds.

Don't have any other events for which I am that picky. I don't think anyone considers that cheating.

• Like 1

I do it on RT as well.

Also for the dumbbells at my commercial gym. I can't take chalk and they are rubbery anyway and that perfect level of sticky that you're talking about makes for some excellent training lifts.

Also, in my opinion, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CHEATING IN TRAINING. All ways to train have some kind of value.

At one point "misting" the hands as to the Euro was discussed as the rules were being put together. After considerable discussion It was decided that it would not be allowed on the Euro Pinch event. It was not brought up or discussed in regards to any other event. Breathing on them is allowed but no artificial water added. Now for Blobs I see no problem. For Rolling Thunder I would ask Randall for what he thinks as it's his event if done in competition - who cares what you do in training? Cleaning the hands ahead of time would be a non issue for any event - but don't get caught "cleaning" someones Euro after it seasons up :).

Not that I'm setting any records, but it's nice to compare apples to apples with people so I was just curious.

And I chicken out with the rolling thunder before skin stickiness is an issue. Haven't torn my thumbs up yet and want to keep it that way. It feels like it's going to take skin off if I slip, much more so than blobs or IM hub even.

Well next time I'll add some weight and hold on longer :) , see how it goes.

I can understand no water when there is chalk involved, that would just make a sticky paste.

I just let my arm hang, shoulder pulled up and back a bit, try to keep my wrist bent as much as possible. Don't feel anything in the bicep but I'll keep it in mind, thanks.