Tennis Elbow And A Btr Ghp8

John McCarter

I'm dealing with tennis elbow right now but using Jedd Johnson's Fixing Elbow Pain and some gripper information from Aaron Corcorran. I was done with grippers but it looks like I may still have the chance of hitting a #4 one day.

• Like 8

Very strong close at that GHP8 brother!

It took me about 2 years to fix my tennis elbow at my right arm and now I'm starting to have some productive workouts with grippers again.

I wish for a quick recovery and yes, much potential there for a future #4 close.

• Like 1

You closed a GE. The coc 4 won't be a problem

You closed a GE. The coc 4 won't be a problem

I'm at mid 180's right now on grippers. If I get the #4 I'll have to build back up and make sure the tennis elbow doesn't flare up before it happens.

• Like 1

"Beast" ly man. Hey John...got a couple of questions about BTW grippers.

First off, it looks like the handle twists out of "even" the closer you get. Have you tried to accommodate that twist (so the handles actually "meet" evenly) while filing...on any other grippers?

Also...how much of an RGC increase do you think say a 1/8" filing adds to the close?

I do realize that BTW is more about training the actual crushing distance...but I'm curious about your opinion. (any guess off the hip is cool)

Hope this clears up quick man.

• Like 1

"Beast" ly man. Hey John...got a couple of questions about BTW grippers.

First off, it looks like the handle twists out of "even" the closer you get. Have you tried to accommodate that twist (so the handles actually "meet" evenly) while filing...on any other grippers?

Also...how much of an RGC increase do you think say a 1/8" filing adds to the close?

I do realize that BTW is more about training the actual crushing distance...but I'm curious about your opinion. (any guess off the hip is cool)

Hope this clears up quick man.

Thanks! Answers to the questions

For question 1: I didn't notice the twist until you pointed it out. Any gripper I've filed, by hand, has it where it's not even.

For question 2: There was about a 3-4 lb increase from what I could feel. I based it from a 184 Super Elite, both grippers are almost the same in terms of strength.

For question 3: I don't train much btr but when I do it's about making any type of close/rep/hold I'm attempt to be more challenging. I want to be able to work in a range that's harder than what would be encountered in any normal gripper. I don't want to just be able to close a gripper, I want to know that when I've gone beyond a certain point on a filed gripper, no matter the level of strength, I attempt it on a gripper of the same level I'll be grinding the handles together.