The "2 Fbbc V-Bar Is No Joke!

silverbackgrip

Thank goodness I have Napalm putting together a program for me, cuz this 2" bar put me on my behind.

I walked up to the V-bar like...

walked_up.gif
But ended up like...
4vVTAe.gif
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to the comp.

Only in the past few months have I learned how to really train with and progress on the v-bar. I'm soo close to that 200lb mark. I'm sure you will be crushing it in 37 day 17 hours and 31 minutes.

• Like 1

The bar is shiny new.

"Seasoning"...may add 20-35% to it. Right now, it is as different as a smooth gripper versus a knurled one.

Only in the past few months have I learned how to really train with and progress on the v-bar. I'm soo close to that 200lb mark. I'm sure you will be crushing it in 37 day 17 hours and 31 minutes.

Thx for the vote of confidence! Hopefully we will both hit our goals Jan 16th.

and did your bicep feel crazy sore after the first Vbar workout? cuz mine did

Edited by Euclides

The bar is shiny new.

"Seasoning"...may add 20-35% to it. Right now, it is as different as a smooth gripper versus a knurled one.

thats good to know

Be careful...you can blow a bi pretty easy. Ask Chez

Is it from fighting the rotation or...? I don't feel it in the bicep, but rarely train v-bar either.

Thx for the vote of confidence! Hopefully we will both hit our goals Jan 16th.

and did your bicep feel crazy sore after the first Vbar workout? cuz mine did

Only when I grip from behind with my palm facing out. I grip the bar like a handshake and with I do that I feel no pain in the bicep.

So I'm pretty small so I try to be pretty mechanical in my lift with it and treat it like a deadlift, I need every little edge I can find. My feet are in the same place every time, the bar is off to side that ill be pulling from and I'm slightly above it so its a straight line from bar going up my arm, fingers in the same place every time, squat down and stand up and hope it came with me.

Edited by Jared Goguen
  • Like 1

Is it from fighting the rotation or...? I don't feel it in the bicep, but rarely train v-bar either.

I think when the weight gets to max-levels the strain in the forearm and lower biceps put a lot of pull in the pocket area of the elbow. The forearm overpowers the biceps. Like going rock bottom on the preacher bench can do the same....imo.

I think when the weight gets to max-levels the strain in the forearm and lower biceps put a lot of pull in the pocket area of the elbow. The forearm overpowers the biceps. Like going rock bottom on the preacher bench can do the same....imo.

At max, strain on the distal biceps tendon shouldn't be at an amount that will cause a rupture as you aren't in flexion (or shouldn't be to any large degree). The biceps does however act to supinate the forearm (greater in flexion than not) so it is possible that supination under load or worse flexion of the forearm while supinated could cause issues. The reason Jared does it the way he does and doesn't feel load on the biceps is that pronation is the job of brachioradialis and friends.

• Like 1

Remember, a number of top guys HAVE torn biceps on the vbar so watch your technique, and don't pull too fast. It is purely a friction lift so muscle memory and good mechanics play a decent role in this. Euclides, your base strength is already pretty high so just put in some time under tension (lotsa med weight volume work) and your numbers should move up pretty quick. It is always humbling to try a new lift but your hands will learn the awkward grip and quickly develop strength in that position.

• Like 2

This thread could not have come at a better time. Right after I came inside from making and trying out my own homemade v bar I came inside and saw this thread. It looks like I am stuck at the same point you are at this moment but the good news is that it can only get better

• Like 1

Also you're going to end up buying weights for home any way’s right? I mean do you plan on bringing the Euro to the gym?

Also you're going to end up buying weights for home any way’s right? I mean do you plan on bringing the Euro to the gym?

My Euro lived at a gym for almost 6 months before I bought weights, lol.

So I have never been to a gym so the Southern Squeeze comp will be the first one I step into, I didn't know you could leave stuff like that.

So I have never been to a gym so the Southern Squeeze comp will be the first one I step into, I didn't know you could leave stuff like that.

Depends on how well you know the gym owner. I leave a few things at my gym but I've also been going there for years. I do most of my grip work at home though, it's just more convenient for the most part.

I wouldn't leave stuff at just any gym. My gym is pretty small and the owner has cameras and stuff set up. Mostly nice folks, too.

Dang boss, that vbar said not in my HOUSE!

I was at 183 before I stop training it and now I have to play catch up. I'm 290 pounds and weak for my size in almost every aspect of strength. Except eating. I'm elite when it comes to eating. Anyways did you grab the weight of the bar? Mine is 21 pounds and knowing that makes training easier. I did deficit pulls at 131 to full lock 5x5 it was intense and the pump was bomb! I love your commentary.

• Like 2

I'll prob buy weights this week, but I'll also bring the grip equipment to my gym every once in a while just for a change of scenery / To get people interested in grip training.

Dang boss, that vbar said not in my HOUSE!

I was at 183 before I stop training it and now I have to play catch up. I'm 290 pounds and weak for my size in almost every aspect of strength. Except eating. I'm elite when it comes to eating. Anyways did you grab the weight of the bar? Mine is 21 pounds and knowing that makes training easier. I did deficit pulls at 131 to full lock 5x5 it was intense and the pump was bomb! I love your commentary.

yessir! that vbar was having none of it! lol

I just weighed the vbar @ 21.8 pounds

glad you like the vids bro!

I've only once tried the smaller vbar must be a 1"? Do ppl usually do more on the small one?

Once they get over the shock of it, yes absolutely. I think my best one inch was about 80 pounds more than my best two inch.