Closed My #2 Finally...

Incindium

After being really close multiple times in the last couple of weeks. I finally managed to close my #2 twice yesterday. I was at my parents celebrating Father's day and I had my brothers and my dad playing with the grippers after lunch. I was able to rep the #1 for 20 in my right hand and then I waited a minute or two and gave the #2 a good squeeze and closed it I closed it with my right hand, my left hand lags behind my right by a couple of millimeters. I also managed to close it again later last night after I had gotten home. It's interesting that Ironmind's stat of 20 reps with a lower level gripper to close the next level was exactly correct for me. I need a little more work to be able to be consistant enough to get some pics of the close so that will be my next goal. Hmm I started training with the COC's almost exactly 2 months ago and have progressed from having not being able to close the #1 and only being able to do a few reps with the trainer to closing the #2. That seems like pretty good progress to me :) . I have noticed alteast with myself that training wise, daily training doing as many reps as I could with the #1 and then also #2 attempts and negatives(and now #3 negatives) in the evening as well as some #1 reps in the morning as well works l for me and I'll be sticking to the same general routine until it fails to produce.

Awesome job closing the 2 :rock

That is pretty fast progress you're making. I hope you keep progressing that fast.

Good luck and congrats!

Way to go! Don't stop now. I think you've got that number three's number!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

I also can close the #2, i never knew the 20rep thing worked either but it did for me, nice job, i guess that means we have the same grip strength :whistel , hopefully i will beat you to the #3. :unsure

nice job :rock

I also was wondering how old you are? :blush

Because i'm only 14. :cool

Edited by thomas straub

I just turned 26 so I'm no where near the youngest guy in any grip catagory. Thomas you had better hurry up and close the #3 if you want to be the youngest COC. One of those Holle brothers closed it at 15 although I have no clue what his exact age was. I'm definitly working at the #3 next although I expect to be at it quite a while till I can close it. My current diet restricts my strength gains a bit compared to when I'm not on it, So I expect slow progress until it's over. Although with grip strength that might not be such a bad thing if it allows my ligament and tendons strength to keep up with my muscle strength. Hand strength is definatly not affected as much by a low calorie diet as other lifting is.

Thomas you had better hurry up and close the #3 if you want to be the youngest COC. One of those Holle brothers closed it at 15

Yeah i am trying to be the youngest COC, i think i'll have it closed in 6,or 7 months, so i'll still be 14 then, ill be the youngest in the world to have the #3 closed. But i heard Joe Kinny's son is training hard and i think he has the #2 closed, he might be 13, or 14 i don't know for sure, so i must train harder and harder to get that #3 closed it will be hard but i think i'll do it. :cry

Edited by thomas straub

Congrats on your achievement!!

L.J.

I think Kinney's son is 12.

Congrats on closing the #2. Can I suggest something? Try a #2 close COLD... no warm-up or reps on the #1 or anything like that. Just pick it up and try to close it right off the bat.

I think Kinney's son is 12.

:ohmy WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got to be joking

only 12 and having the #2 closed, that means when he is 13 he will

have the #3 smashed and he will be the youngest in the world to have the #3 closed: well closing the #3 before your 20s thats really good. I'm pretty sure Jesse Marunde was the first tennage to officially close the #3.

Thomas Straub :cool

Edited by thomas straub

Incindium, nice job on closing #2 keep up the good work, don't let your age be a factor once you close #3 you'll be a captain's of crush

I already know I wont be the youngest to close the 3's. So I might as well go for the 4. I will be the youngest person ever to close the 4... Period.. Thats it lol... :rock

Really thoough I mnay or may not, But I'm gonna give it my all.

I already know I wont be the youngest to close the 3's. So I might as well go for the 4. I will be the youngest person ever to close the 4.

ssj50matrix

i think some day you will close the #4 :mosher before me, but since i'm younger than you i'll be the youngest in the world :whistel thats if i even close it. :rolleyes

Thomas Straub :cool

Good job Incindium!!!!! :cool

I've been hard at work at getting better at closing the #2, I still need to support my arm with my free hand for a sucessful close :(

Jon@han