The Loadable Blob By Rogue

Jared Goguen

So I was poking around the Rogue fitness site and I see they now make a crazy expensive blob trainer that is loadable.

I kind of don't get what they are go for with it. The dimensions are weird with a diameter of 8” and a thickness of 4-3/8”.

http://www.roguefitness.com/the-blob

Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Edited by Jared Goguen

I think they should redesign that blob and lower the price.

Imo, that thing is all over the place and won't make a person any closer to lifting an actual blob.

• Like 1

I think they should redesign that blob and lower the price.

Imo, that thing is all over the place and won't make a person any closer to lifting an actual blob.

My thoughts exactly. It's much closer to the shape of a Legacy anyway. Which has very little carryover in the real world to lifting the Blob.

• Like 1

What would be an ideal blob trainer? I pulled down the blob simulator because that didn't feel anything like a blob.

• Like 1

yeah strange shape the stronger grip one is a crazy shape too almost round. Andrew we need one somewhere in the middle of those two

What would be an ideal blob trainer?

I think someone needs to take a 50lb blob, throw it in a 3D scanner or properly measure it. Get the side dishes properly pressed, and weld it up. I think a good powder coat would be ideal cause otherwise if left as just steal everyone’s surface will be different.

• Like 2

Ok so accurate shape, I'm assuming to the fatman profile. Then texture. You all know I'm a huge fan of bare steel as I dont have a way to powdercoat yet.

Cost also has to be a factor as well. I can do a lot more to develop a 200$ product vs a 100$ one.

• Like 1

Andrew, I'd go w/ the bare steel to keep costs down and so that over time it can season and develop some texture. It's tough to measure progress with something that is slippery; the harder you squeeze the more the object acts like a watermelon seed. Otherwise, you will run into the old IM hub issue of some people scraping the paint off anyway. If people want to compare they can use the same blob trainer on the same day or send it in the mail.

• Like 1

They'll have 50 of them getting run back and forth at the games. Let them have them and leave the real blobs out there for grip enthusiasts. Different worlds.

• Like 1

Thanks bob would adjustable width be important?

The reason I mentioned a consistent texture was because of how things season, here in the NW if something isn't coated it will look like its been outside for 10 years after just one winter in my basement with the dehumidifier running, it will develop a deep pitted and highly textured surface vs. someone in Arizona where moisture isn't an issue at all. I don't see why for some implements we talk about how the surface needs to be consistent (Ironminds Hub, Wrist Wrench...etc.) and others its not really cared about and they are all different based on how they season. I mean if a consistent product that you can compare numbers on without having to mail implements is important at all then wouldn't a uniform surface be important?

I don't think adjustable width would be very important as the goal is to train to lift a 50lb blob it should just match that you can load it up to match the weight you want.

Even if it was $150-$200 that's still cheaper then buying a set of blobs/blocks. Also shipping it would be cheap as it would fit in a usps flat rate box.