I Competed In The Titan Of Texas Ninja Warrior Challenge!

Electron

Nissan had a Ninja Warrior challenge with a big cash prize ($40,000) and I was invited to participate with a friend. Needless to say, we had a ton of fun. I'll need a ton of practice before trying out for ANW next year!

• Like 13

Very cool video. Good luck next year

• Like 1

That was awesome...good job man

• Like 1

Solid man.

Did they let you practice on the course some first or was this your first go at it?

Solid man.

Did they let you practice on the course some first or was this your first go at it?

This was my first go. Practice would've been nice!

Nice run. That wall is badass, it's difficult to see how big it is in NW but this clip really shows how tall it really is.

Very cool! Love stumble/pose. You may want to include that in your submission video. They love personality...and this tape shows you have it.

As far as the warped wall goes...specificity man. It's mostly technique. A buddy of mine had a homemade one in his backyard...eventually raising it to 17'. After a while, he had his steps down cold...would never miss.

If you don't mind...I'm gonna live vicariously through your ANW journey.

• Like 1

Very cool! Love stumble/pose. You may want to include that in your submission video. They love personality...and this tape shows you have it.

As far as the warped wall goes...specificity man. It's mostly technique. A buddy of mine had a homemade one in his backyard...eventually raising it to 17'. After a while, he had his steps down cold...would never miss.

If you don't mind...I'm gonna live vicariously through your ANW journey.

Thanks Nate! I think I'll include that for sure.

Since I don't have a wall to practice on, I'm going to practice parkour for a while. I think if I have a good wall run it'll transfer perfectly the next time I can practice.

I'll try hard to make it!

• Like 1

Great video and great run! That was kick A! You should definitely submit for next year, with your bodyweight to strength ratio and a little specific training you would do great.

The warped wall is all technique. It’s kind of like trying to set a gripper for the first time. It feels impossible at first, then someone shows you how to do it correctly and bang, you slam it shut. It’s all technique.

Good work Yori!

• Like 1

That looks as if You had a lot of fun there! Good job!!

Wuuuut! Too cool man!

I always wondered how a guy who does well in grip would do on the ninja warrior grip obstacles. Now i know. I got a kick out of how you made the bands your bitch. Lol! As the commentator was going on about how those implements were hard on the grip, i was picturing you going "psh. Please."

I was glad I didn't fall while attempting to jump anywhere. The grip challenges were easy, but the wall and handstand destroyed me. I heard somewhere that "calisthenics+grip+parkour=success" so imma try that.

Great video and great run! That was kick A! You should definitely submit for next year, with your bodyweight to strength ratio and a little specific training you would do great.

The warped wall is all technique. It’s kind of like trying to set a gripper for the first time. It feels impossible at first, then someone shows you how to do it correctly and bang, you slam it shut. It’s all technique.

Good work Yori!

I'll glad to hear this. That wall feels super tricky, but that's a good comparison that I can understand.

Wuuuut! Too cool man!

I always wondered how a guy who does well in grip would do on the ninja warrior grip obstacles. Now i know. I got a kick out of how you made the bands your bitch. Lol! As the commentator was going on about how those implements were hard on the grip, i was picturing you going "psh. Please."

I was glad I didn't fall while attempting to jump anywhere. The grip challenges were easy, but the wall and handstand destroyed me. I heard somewhere that "calisthenics+grip+parkour=success" so imma try that.

Parkour is way overrated for NW in my opinion. It's mostly a climbing contest.

Wuuuut! Too cool man!

I think parkour is stronger on the first course, and climbing will get you strong in the second course. I'll have to climb more for sure.

Wuuuut! Too cool man!

I think parkour is stronger on the first course, and climbing will get you strong in the second course. I'll have to climb more for sure.

Yes, it's all about climbing endurance (and skill) grip strength alone is not enough.

When they had NW here in Sweden last year, all the parkour guys was really good on the first part but had no chance after that. Only the climbers did well there.

Wuuuut! Too cool man!

Yes, it's all about climbing endurance (and skill) grip strength alone is not enough.

When they had NW here in Sweden last year, all the parkour guys was really good on the first part but had no chance after that. Only the climbers did well there.

So you did well on ninja warrior? like, better than Yori?

Haha me, hell no I'm too fat to compete in NW :)

Wuuuut! Too cool man!

great job Yori!

I really think grip sport helps you get ahead of most in anw grip obstacles, even ahead of many climbers of same bw. But it's good if you climb too. I do some bouldering because it's easier no need to deal with ropes. Calisthenics also help, I think one arm pull up power really helps besides grip strength. Parkour may help a bit but I'm not sure that one needs to spend a lot of time doing parkour. What helps is to practice the anw obstacles that require agility like the spider jump, getting comfortable with trampolines and the warped wall. I still have trouble with the wall because I rarely practice it, I can't get up consistently in local competitions and actually hate myself for that. The best thing to do is practice it frequently, like with closing grippers for example. A lot of it is technique, the third step is very important, you want to kind of push away from the wall but not worry too much that your gonna fall back. If you don't have access to a anw wall see if there's a skate park near you. Not exactly the same but it helps to practice there.

actually, I keep forgetting that lache-ing is a parkour exercise, so I take it back that one does not need a lot of time doing parkour. lacheing from/ to bars but also weird grip obstacles is one of the most improtant anw skills.

It seems like the people who do really well have an actual set up to event train on. Great job!

Ninja Warrior called me a couple years ago - not me as an individual but because I run our local Climbing Wall to see if we had anyone who wanted in. I'd love to have tried out for it years ago - I'm a little too busted up anymore.

• Like 1