Race To The Bastard

KRC

decided to send in the golden bastard video to see what happens...will not try and cert the bastard until I can get it in IMP...that is my true goal

• Like 4

Nice work on both bends, man!

thanks man

Anybody know what the golden's rate these days? Are they softer on the kink and a lot harder on the crush? How did it feel for you relative to the Bastard, Josh?

Not sure all the brass I've had so far was from the rods the Jerry had when he owned the company.

Anybody know what the golden's rate these days? Are they softer on the kink and a lot harder on the crush? How did it feel for you relative to the Bastard, Josh?

It felt the same on the kink and sweep...the crush was definitely harder...it fought back like a bolt on the crush...I would move it an inch and it would spring back half an inch on me.

• Like 2

It felt the same on the kink and sweep...the crush was definitely harder...it fought back like a bolt on the crush...I would move it an inch and it would spring back half an inch on me.

Have an extra piece you'd be willing to sell me? I've never bent any brass before

Have an extra piece you'd be willing to sell me? I've never bent any brass before

sorry this was my one and only...if I had one I would of gladly sent it to ya

sorry this was my one and only...if I had one I would of gladly sent it to ya

no worries bro!

This is a video of me trying to condition myself for single IMP with N DR...I am only posting it for some feedback on whether the tactic I'm using makes sense or not...if you don't feel like watching 15 minutes of video all I'm doing is fighting the bar until it won't move, draping suede over it, getting some movement, and then going back to the IMP...It's not in the budget right now to get a lot of lighter bars, but I will be doing that shortly to get some volume...I know I need to let my finger heal, I thought was good to go with some liquid band-aid, but it ripped itself open worse than before

PS I get frustrated and wine and swear, if you don't want to listen to that mute it...also that thing on my finger bleeds....any advice, technique critique, any feedback is greatly appreciated

I got my steel, er, stainless today. The 9/32 is AWESOME.

If you are offended easily, turn the sound off.

My camera cuts out but that doesn't matter. The bar never moved after that point(room to grow).

I have no idea what that pop was. It didn't hurt so we will say it was the wrap shifting.

Now it's a race, haha. Thanks for all the help and encouragement.

• Like 1

Josh, I would give it a few days to let that heal. When I really bust something open like that, I use neosporin and just let it start to heal, then get back to bending with electrical or masking tape. I get the benefit of pain tolerance training, but don't do any more significant damage to the area.

Nice work on the stainless man. How do you rate the 9/32 relative to the bastard? Looked pretty similar to the 70D you posted a while back. Is that your stopping point usually on the shiny, in sweep/crush border territory? Strong work!

Josh, I would give it a few days to let that heal. When I really bust something open like that, I use neosporin and just let it start to heal, then get back to bending with electrical or masking tape. I get the benefit of pain tolerance training, but don't do any more significant damage to the area.

Ya that wasn't my intention....I thought it had healed enough to bend with liquid band-aid, but was definitely wrong...I really don't want to continue with double work but will have to until this heals more...I took your advice and walked the Neosporin to it, will do one session in doubles (doesn't aggravate it) and then use electrical tape like you suggested...other than the finger splitting is that an effective way to condition to singles? Thank you for your suggestions.

• Like 1

I got my steel, er, stainless today. The 9/32 is AWESOME.

If you are offended easily, turn the sound off.

My camera cuts out but that doesn't matter. The bar never moved after that point(room to grow).

I have no idea what that pop was. It didn't hurt so we will say it was the wrap shifting.

Now it's a race, haha. Thanks for all the help and encouragement.

man nice bending...that will fall for soon for sure

Ya that wasn't my intention....I thought it had healed enough to bend with liquid band-aid, but was definitely wrong...I really don't want to continue with double work but will have to until this heals more...I took your advice and walked the Neosporin to it, will do one session in doubles (doesn't aggravate it) and then use electrical tape like you suggested...other than the finger splitting is that an effective way to condition to singles? Thank you for your suggestions.

There's more experienced guys who can comment on the best way to condition with singles, but what I do for my training cycles is spend 50% of my time doing volume bends in one IMP at ~50-70%, and 50% of my time bending in single IMP's up to ~90%. The only doubles bend I do is only one max effort bend after a week off to test. I had some minor splits and numbness starting out, but haven't had anything come up that prohibited me from bending so far. Then again I only bend twice a week.

• Like 1

ok awesome thanks for the help

Nice work on the stainless man. How do you rate the 9/32 relative to the bastard? Looked pretty similar to the 70D you posted a while back. Is that your stopping point usually on the shiny, in sweep/crush border territory? Strong work!

The SS 9/32 is right above a Bastard but loads more on the sweep to crush. Its that sweet step up piece of steel I was looking for.

I have always had trouble with the kink. If I can kink it then I can finish it. The Shiny was a max and I hit an awkward point where my hands would touch sweeping but weren't close enough to switch to the crush. I will have to put some work in then try again in a bit.

• Like 2

The 9/32" SS is what broke me recently, harder than it looks!

Good bends from everyone! This race is really heating up :D

il be back very soon with some bigger bends

The 9/32" SS is what broke me recently, harder than it looks!

Good bends from everyone! This race is really heating up :D

il be back very soon with some bigger bends

let that wrist heal, you'll come back stronger from the rest...what cert did you send in from IronGrip?

Will do brother.

Ahh I sent in the 120kg bar which is around the 350-360 zone, the kink is noticeably harder than the sweep and crush which were a piece of cake.

If you go on their youtube channel it should be up there somewhere

awesome, I'll check it out

• Like 1

finally...bent a bastard in single BBW...I put band aid tape over the thing on my finger so I'm not going to submit it for a cert (pretty sure you can't do that), but by in large I'm excited about this bend...will post the video in 18 hours when it's finally done uploading.

• Like 2