Hand Dynometer? Where To Buy A 300Lb Dynometer!

Kurt Lane

I used to have one, forgot what brand or where I got it. But, where can I pick one of these bad boys up. I want to measure where im at pre-training and track my progress once I start training. I know for a fact ill be closing the #3 withen a few months of training, because, well, IM KURT LANE.

Have you maxed out a 200lb dynamometer? You can find those pretty cheap on ebay.

I know for a fact ill be closing the #3 withen a few months of training, because, well, IM KURT LANE.

Airtight, can't argue with that logic.

Might as well get a head start on the 3.5, as the #3 will surely close itself out of fear.

For reference, I hit 135 lbs on the dynamometer, closing a number 2. 110 lbs closing a 1.5. Unless you've maxed out a 200 lb model, grab one of those first.

For reference, I hit 135 lbs on the dynamometer, closing a number 2. 110 lbs closing a 1.5. Unless you've maxed out a 200 lb model, grab one of those first.

Hey! That is pussy talk! We are talking KURT LANE here! Kurt was closing 3's as a teen 11years ago!

KURT LANE was the first winner of the DIESEL AWARD at the 1st F'ng GGC! He don't need no stinking 200 lb. Dyno...

KURT, your welcome. And guys reading this probably think I'm kidding around. I'm not. Jeez, no one has any respect for history...

Hubgeezer

• Like 1

I know for a fact ill be closing the #3 withen a few months of training, because, well, IM KURT LANE.

Might as well get a head start on the 3.5, as the #3 will surely close itself out of fear.

Read post number 6.

Read post number 6.
All posts display chronologically, so if I'm reading instructions in post #7 about post #6, that means I've already read #6.

And no I don't care much about history, I care much more about today. And I don't know or care who KURT LANE is. Someone who closed a #3 at some point from what I gather. Ok.

The whole history thing always turns into a lot of mythologizing that is not helpful to the sport. And it sometimes turns into a reason to be a jerk. "I pulled 635 in competition back in '91, therefore my opinion trumps yours and I'm gonna talk to you like shit." "I closed a #3 11 years ago, don't you know who I am?" No.

What did you do today?

I was deadlifting 500+ as a 200lb teenager 20 years ago. I bet I could have closed a #3 with a parallel set at that time as well, but I grew up I the boonies and no one knew about Ironmind. Don't you know WHO I AM? Of course not, no one cares.

My previous post was kinda tongue in cheek btw. Yes more than 1 beer was involved. No big deal. I just don't feel obligate to feed the fevered egos.

• Like 2

Read post number 6.

My previous post was kinda tongue in cheek btw. Yes more than 1 beer was involved. No big deal. I just don't feel obligate to feed the fevered egos.

My post, although I said was serious, was a bit tongue in cheek as well. Kurt was an impressive teen who did some impressive things at a very young age. He must have "left grip" for a long haul and is back. I don't think there is any ego involved here, or certainly not any worse than some of our posters.

Sounds like he is getting to the bottom line quickly and asking direct questions about things for which he has not tracked in years.

Edited by Hubgeezer

Baseline Grip dyno has a 300# model. I have one. Ok for the occasional testing I suppose but I can't imagine it being useful to train with. I think I pull mine out maybe once every year or 2.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Baseline Grip dyno has a 300# model. I have one. Ok for the occasional testing I suppose but I can't imagine it being useful to train with. I think I pull mine out maybe once every year or 2.

- Aaron

I have one too. I see a young teen twice a year, and have been tracking him since he was 8.

If you on occasion run into someone that has one, you can test yourself then. Looking back, it was a dumb $300 toy that is not necessary.

• Like 1

Thanks Hubgeezer :) Anyone who knows me knows "I AM KURT LANE" is more a joke then anything. Although yes I slayed the #3 and Red nail by 18 with little training im just stating im going to need the 300lb model because im going to pin the 200lb one withen months of getting my grippers because I know what I am doing. I plan on coming back into the grip game hard and making a statement. Im just in the process of rebuilding my gym and re aquiring all these grip toys. I plan on hitting 250 on the dynometer at some point in my life and making KURT LANE strike fear in the springs of all grippers!!!!! hehehe

jmatney I dont like your attitude. Hopefully over time we can show some respect toward each other. If you don't like my non-offensive joking around attitude then don't comment.

• Like 1

Thanks Hubgeezer :) Anyone who knows me knows "I AM KURT LANE" is more a joke then anything. Although yes I slayed the #3 and Red nail by 18 with little training im just stating im going to need the 300lb model because im going to pin the 200lb one withen months of getting my grippers because I know what I am doing. I plan on coming back into the grip game hard and making a statement. Im just in the process of rebuilding my gym and re aquiring all these grip toys. I plan on hitting 250 on the dynometer at some point in my life and making KURT LANE strike fear in the springs of all grippers!!!!! hehehe

KURT LANE. First winner of THE DIESEL AWARD. That was a big deal at the time. DIESEL AWARD! :mosher Voted in by secret ballot. A Jury of your peers. Gave it to KURT LANE.

jmatney I dont like your attitude. Hopefully over time we can show some respect toward each other. If you don't like my non-offensive joking around attitude then don't comment.

I had no idea who I was talking to. So embarrassing.

Please forgive me.

One day I too hope to slay the #3.

Please forgive me.

That's more like it. Due respect being shown to KURT LANE. Good to see you coming around.

• Like 1

I have a pair of 300 baseline dynos I purchased from Dale Harder. We take them to most shows we attend. Lots of fun giving everyone a chance. Marking on mine are in kilos ( and pounds) secondary.at a big show like the Arnold's maybe one or two non pro strongmen close it to 100 kilos. I saw big Rich casually close it while eating a sandwich with the other hand 104 kilo.( 229).rare to see aman over 90 or woman at 45 kilos.

• Like 2

Please forgive me.

You are forgiven. This time. ;)

Please forgive me.

That's more like it. Due respect being shown to KURT LANE. Good to see you coming around.

Thanks Hub :) Missed ya buddy! Im back and although im starting from scratch I will be a force to reckon with soon enough. Buying a full set of grippers, Pinch Setup from Jedd, Full set of Blobs, Inch Dumbbell and training dumb bells and I got a nice standing wrist roller. WE ARE BACK BABYYY!!!!

Please forgive me.

Buying a full set of grippers, Pinch Setup from Jedd, Full set of Blobs, Inch Dumbbell and training dumb bells and I got a nice standing wrist roller. WE ARE BACK BABYYY!!!!

Wow. You are buying all kinds of stuff. Looking at your new photo, looks like you could have bought a car with all those tattoos you have accumulated in recent years. I would think KURT LANE would be broke by now! Best in your training. Don't overdo it, remember, you're getting close to 30!