Im Tugs? Experiences!

Kurt Lane

Who has these or has tried them? What exactly are they good for and are they worth it in your opinion? Im about to buy the full set of CoC grippers and was wondering if I should invest in some TUGs aswell?

Who has these or has tried them? What exactly are they good for and are they worth it in your opinion? Im about to buy the full set of CoC grippers and was wondering if I should invest in some TUGs aswell?

I have a couple of them, but they don't get much use at all. If you buy grippers get them from cannon power works so you can get them rated too

The light ones are good for pinch work but I think an adjustable gripper like the Robert Baraban or Vulcan is better since you can get pinch converter handles for them. Thats both cheaper and much better.

I like the IMTUG#6 though, that is the heaviest one I have, I'm going to get the #7 soon. If you're really strong you can use these with the third and fourth finger and I think thats the best thing with them.

• Like 1

Never tried them, but between light grippers and spring clamps I don't think I'm missing much. Can use either to isolate one or two fingers at a time.

I have tried to use them once per week, but only works out to every other week. I use them in a way that no one, to my knowledge, does.

On a day where I do zero other strength work, I do about 400 reps with each hand, over 800 reps total. You read that correctly.

IM Tug 1, baby finger, 2 different angles, 30 reps each angle

IM Tug 1, ring finger, 2 different angles, 30 reps each angle

IM Tug 2, baby & ring fingers together, 30 reps

IM Tug 2, ring finger, 2 different angles, 30 reps each angle

IM Tugs 3 & 4 repeat, same as with IM 2 above

IM Tug 5, similar to above, fewer reps

What do I get out of it? Like Nigel Tufnel in 1984's movie, "This Is Spinal Tap", for the final portion of the close...I feel like it takes me to 11.

I have tried to use them once per week, but only works out to every other week. I use them in a way that no one, to my knowledge, does.

On a day where I do zero other strength work, I do about 400 reps with each hand, over 800 reps total. You read that correctly.

IM Tug 1, baby finger, 2 different angles, 30 reps each angle

IM Tug 1, ring finger, 2 different angles, 30 reps each angle

IM Tug 2, baby & ring fingers together, 30 reps

IM Tug 2, ring finger, 2 different angles, 30 reps each angle

IM Tugs 3 & 4 repeat, same as with IM 2 above

IM Tug 5, similar to above, fewer reps

What do I get out of it? Like Nigel Tufnel in 1984's movie, "This Is Spinal Tap", for the final portion of the close...I feel like it takes me to 11.

Interesting with different angles. I've tried the same thing with the #2, doing several houndred reps on rest days.

What it feels like to get to 11:

• Like 1

Like most, I've used them but found really they have no correlations with what I'm doing. They don't really work my two finger strength.

The better way of developing 2 finger strength: use blockweights, euro or an adjustable dumbbell.