Slingshot

Jörg Keilbach

Who has experiance with it? What can you tell about it. I ordered both the "Original" and the "Reactive".

It will add about 20kg to your max bench and will give you a 'pop' off your chest. It will overload your triceps

Don't get reliant on it though as it is demotivating going back down 20kg or so after using it for so long!

I use it at the end of a session usually after my chest is tired out :D

Enjoy! (My review of the red original slingshot)

Edited by JoshW
  • Like 1

I have the blue Reactive one and I use it every bench session.

When I'm all done with my normal working sets and I just don't have anything left ill throw it on just so I can get a little bit more volume in.

• Like 2

I have the original for some time now. I use it to train my lockout and overload. It adds about 10% 1RM.

One day I train regular bench and the other day slingshot. With the slingshot I use a more narrow grip.

• Like 1

I've out grown mine. But when it fit i was happy with it. It helped me bust some plateaus.

• Like 1

I have the original. Also have metal catapult. Both are good for the reasons mentioned above. They also force you to tuck the elbows in and grab the bar hard which is good. Also good for dialing in the bar trajectory and things like arching, rolling elbows back etc.

Have to pay attention to force yourself to stay tight, some ppl get all sloppy just banging the reps out with these.

• Like 1

I ordered it due to my torn rotator cuff. With for me now heavy weights i have a sticking point about two thirds of the way up. I hope the Slingshot will help my bench press mechanics.

I have the regular and Mad Dog Slingshot. I've also had the Titan Ram and the Metal one. Of the three, the Slingshot is the best IMO. These days, I am using the red Slingshot the most, and mostly for 2-3 reps after my regular bench session. I might add 25-50lbs. to the bar, after my top set. (I know a lot of people who get a lot more carryover, but I'm benching mostly alone, and am looking for a slight overload.) There are a ton of grip variations you can use with the Slingshot, as well as the way you set it on your arms; all of these will make a difference in the optimal place to touch the bar and bar-path.

It's definitely an excellent piece of equipment that has a variety of applications. I've used it too when I was having issues with my shoulder, and it helped a lot, while still letting me bench.

• 2 months later...

I got one for my birthday. The red one. I'm gonna start using it when I plateau.