Gripmas 2015

climber511

Many thanks to Chris Rice for hosting another amazing event(with an unforgiving medley)! A big shout out to Sean R., Nick R., and Brent B. who gave their time to judge, change weights, and keep score. Thanks to A. Durniat for posting the scores up so quickly.

Exactly this. (Kevin too)

I'll write something up in a day or two. Great event.

• Like 4

Great numbers everybody!! Congrats!

Unbelievable time with a great group of dudes ! There were quite a few "unliftable" things brought to the comp and every single one of them was lifted.Huge thanks to eveyone involed

• Like 2

Overall Scores:

1) Jedd Johnson - 37.704

2) Kody Burns - 36.630

3) Andrew Durniat - 36.223

4) Jake Sahlaney - 32.322

5) Lucas Raymond - 31.281

6) Chris Rice - 29.461

7) Josh Henze - 27.638

8) Nathanial Brous - 24.645

9) Andrew Pantke - 24.550

10) Bob Sundin - 23.260

11) Josh Koenig -23.064

12) Jor-el Koenig - 19.291

13) Anthony Clarino - 19.085

14) Nick Applegate - 17.247

15) Barrett Henze - 16.749

16) Chris Andrade - 16.045

17) Rich Cottrell - 14.047

Weight Class Results:

120kg+

1) Nathanial Brous

120kg

1) Jedd Johnson

2) Jake Sahlaney

105kg

1) Andrew Durniat

2) Josh Henze

3) Andrew Pantke

4) Chris Andrade

93kg

1) Kody Burns

2) Lucas Raymond

3) Chris Rice

4) Nick Applegate

5) Barrett Henze

83kg

1) Bob Sundin

2) Anthony Clarino

3) Rich Cottrell

74kg

1) Josh Koenig

66kg

1) Jor-el Koenig

Andrew, thanks for posting these so quickly. You are the man.

Another absolutely insane pinch lift performance by Kody! He is light years ahead of everyone else in the 2HP pound-for-pound.

Great to see Bob getting a fantastic result in the 2HP, to add to his 1HP WR! King of the Euro pinch allround in the 83k class. Especially pleased to see him succeed as he is an 'older' lifter like myself. All that inch training seems to have done wonders for his allround strength.

Mr 'allround grip strength' has done it again. Quite a few can beat Jedd in an individual event but extremely few ever does it allround, which is where it really counts.

Thanks Mikael. Andrew and Kody bring the best out of me. That's all there is to it.

Great numbers! Congrats to all competitors especially Jedd, Kody, Andrew and Bob.

Thanks bro.

Another absolutely insane pinch lift performance by Kody! He is light years ahead of everyone else in the 2HP pound-for-pound.

Great to see Bob getting a fantastic result in the 2HP, to add to his 1HP WR! King of the Euro pinch allround in the 83k class. Especially pleased to see him succeed as he is an 'older' lifter like myself. All that inch training seems to have done wonders for his allround strength.

Mr 'allround grip strength' has done it again. Quite a few can beat Jedd in an individual event but extremely few ever does it allround, which is where it really counts.

After Kody set the new 2HP record Jedd tried to take it back but couldn't quite manage it.

Bob Sundin had a fantastic performance - and at 55 somehow manages to just keep getting better every year..

This years Medley would have been classified as "impossible" just a few years ago. World Class grip feat after world class grip feat just laying there in a row. Out of a total of 50 possible points - Jedd got 48 I think. It was really special to watch - it was a contest all by itself - and as Mikael said show Jedd's all around dominance of the sport.

Thank you Chris. I never sweated during and after a Medley as I did this year. It was true work, having to cover so much distance, get down on the floor and back up, criss-cross the Medley area to get all possible points. It was truly awesome. Reminded me of GGC 2011, only much, much harder feats.

Many thanks to Chris Rice for hosting another amazing event(with an unforgiving medley)! A big shout out to Sean R., Nick R., and Brent B. who gave their time to judge, change weights, and keep score. Thanks to A. Durniat for posting the scores up so quickly.

The people behind the scenes deserve a BIG HAND. I recognized Nick and Brent after the comp, but forgot to mention Sean, Teresa and of course, Chris. They are incredible hosts.

What a fantastic event! I wish I could have been there!

Talk about a year of domination for Jedd! He won the NAGS Championship, King Kong, and Gripmas! Well done!

All Glory to God.

Congrats to all involved, special salute to the outstanding performers in Coach jedd, bob and kody. I hope when I'm Chris and bobs age I can pinch a paper plate.

Thanks Brother!

Unbelievable time with a great group of dudes ! There were quite a few "unliftable" things brought to the comp and every single one of them was lifted.Huge thanks to eveyone involed

Yes, and I promise to get everything uploaded, as soon as I can. I am very much behind on stuff due to the long weekend, so please bare with me.

Next year - just for Jedd - the Medley will contain about 5 sets of scale weights :). I've never seen anything Jedder can't do - except scale weights - looks like he's got a weak link after all - silly human :). Scale Weights = Napalm Kryptonite.

• Like 2

Are there videos of the medley? Would be really nice to watch!!

• Like 1

Great numbers everyone!

Thank you Chris Rice for hosting this event this year again. I wanted to compete but honestly I didn't think I was going to be able to. So when I heard last Wednesday I was off Saturday and Sunday I called Chris and thankfully he let me compete. So thank you Chris ! Also thanks to Chris' wife Teresa who is always so sweet and nice. Always great to see you guys.

Thanks to all the guys who helped during the contest too, Nick Rosendaul, Brent Barbe, Sean Rice. Thanks to Jedd and Nathaniel Brous for capturing the video footage ! It was great to see all you guys from the board that I hadn't had the chance to meet yet. Nothing but nice and very strong guys. Hope to see to guys next year !! Gripmas was everything I knew it would be again this year. So glad it all worked out. Throughout the year it always surprises me with all the other contests and outcomes that Gripmas is always the best damn one. And it's not just one thing in particular, it's everything together, the guys, the gym, the spirit, the strength, you can't put your finger on just one thing that seperates Gripmas from every other contest out there, you have to show up to understand it. That's all there is to it. It's a Grip Strength feeding frenzy with and its there for the taking, all you have to do is show up and get your hands on some !! Always my favorite contest to be apart of. Thanks to everyone involved for making this so memorable to me !!

P.S. Chris I will have to get the Saxon Bar another time :)

• Like 2

Next year - just for Jedd - the Medley will contain about 5 sets of scale weights :). I've never seen anything Jedder can't do - except scale weights - looks like he's got a weak link after all - silly human :). Scale Weights = Napalm Kryptonite.

It won't be next year. I have scale weights here. Planning on pulling out the Grip 4rce and magnet weights, real soon. WOOOH!

Are there videos of the medley? Would be really nice to watch!!

They're all up on my YouTube Channel right now. You should subscribe, brotherrrr!

I will begin posting them here soon. Takes a while to upload them on my bad internet connection.

I have someone's folding chair here. And I'm missing one set of double leather wraps for bending. If you find them when you unpack - please send them back to me. Let me know if the chair belongs to you and what you want me to do with it please.

Thank you Chris Rice for hosting this event this year again. I wanted to compete but honestly I didn't think I was going to be able to. So when I heard last Wednesday I was off Saturday and Sunday I called Chris and thankfully he let me compete. So thank you Chris ! Also thanks to Chris' wife Teresa who is always so sweet and nice. Always great to see you guys.

Thanks to all the guys who helped during the contest too, Nick Rosendaul, Brent Barbe, Sean Rice. Thanks to Jedd and Nathaniel Brous for capturing the video footage ! It was great to see all you guys from the board that I hadn't had the chance to meet yet. Nothing but nice and very strong guys. Hope to see to guys next year !! Gripmas was everything I knew it would be again this year. So glad it all worked out. Throughout the year it always surprises me with all the other contests and outcomes that Gripmas is always the best damn one. And it's not just one thing in particular, it's everything together, the guys, the gym, the spirit, the strength, you can't put your finger on just one thing that seperates Gripmas from every other contest out there, you have to show up to understand it. That's all there is to it. It's a Grip Strength feeding frenzy with and its there for the taking, all you have to do is show up and get your hands on some !! Always my favorite contest to be apart of. Thanks to everyone involved for making this so memorable to me !!

Kody

Thank You for the very kind remarks about Gripmas. Teresa and I do our best to make people feel “at home” here – one of my goals with it has been to try for that “Get Together” feeling of old friends (and new) spending the day together visiting, lifting, laughing and learning. It’s also the amazing people who pitch right in and pretty much run the whole contest for me these days – Nick, Brent, Andrew, Jedd, Doc, my sons Josh and Sean, and the way people jump in to load and move things around in the tiny place I call the Yol Bosun Gym. It’s the guys who take pictures and video and post it for all to see. It’s the many sponsors – and all the people who load up and haul all the pieces of grip equipment it takes too put on something like my Medleys. So the way I look at it - Gripmas isn’t just my contest – it’s the “people’s” contest – maybe that’s why it’s what it is in people’s minds.

The serious business of setting PRs – weight class, Masters, and overall World Records just seems to happen somehow on a regular basis. Looking at David Horne’s Euro WR results change page – there have been more WRs set here than anywhere besides David’s – the place it originated. Maybe Yol Bosun really does mean “May there be a road”. Thanks again to everyone who came and competed, sponsored, helped out, and in all ways made it possible for Gripmas to continue.

• Like 3

I have someone's folding chair here. And I'm missing one set of double leather wraps for bending. If you find them when you unpack - please send them back to me. Let me know if the chair belongs to you and what you want me to do with it please.

Ah man, that's my folding chair. Crap, I forgot it. Hold onto it. I'll get it from you eventually. Thanks bro.

Going to begin posting videos. I still have a LOT to upload, but I am working through them. I'll mainly only be able to upload until 1PM, then I have a bunch of coaching calls, so please bear with me. Also, please understand that I can't possibly film everyone in such a big contest. I'm sorry that I didn't get everyone, but I know there were a handful of cameras there, so maybe someone else might have gotten footage of your attempts?

Ivanko Super Gripper - Various Lifters.

My best was 12/7 - Not sure of weight. Luke said the handle kept moving inward on me, so it wasn't hitting the touch-pad squarely, so it's possible that kept me from getting the 12/8 and 11/9 attempts I took. By the way, the first number is where the top spring is, and the second number is where the bottom spring is.

Here's Kody's new Ultimate World Record of 274 and change. I also got his breaks with the heavier weight, but I don't know what those attemts actually were. I just guessed at 279.

Kody's heavier attempts:

Luke and Chris Rice's attempts on 2HP:

Kody

Thank You for the very kind remarks about Gripmas. Teresa and I do our best to make people feel at home here one of my goals with it has been to try for that Get Together feeling of old friends (and new) spending the day together visiting, lifting, laughing and learning. Its also the amazing people who pitch right in and pretty much run the whole contest for me these days Nick, Brent, Andrew, Jedd, Doc, my sons Josh and Sean, and the way people jump in to load and move things around in the tiny place I call the Yol Bosun Gym. Its the guys who take pictures and video and post it for all to see. Its the many sponsors and all the people who load up and haul all the pieces of grip equipment it takes too put on something like my Medleys. So the way I look at it - Gripmas isnt just my contest its the peoples contest maybe thats why its what it is in peoples minds.

The serious business of setting PRs weight class, Masters, and overall World Records just seems to happen somehow on a regular basis. Looking at David Hornes Euro WR results change page there have been more WRs set here than anywhere besides Davids the place it originated. Maybe Yol Bosun really does mean May there be a road. Thanks again to everyone who came and competed, sponsored, helped out, and in all ways made it possible for Gripmas to continue.

We'll spoken Chris ! "May there always be a road" - to Gripmas :)
  • Like 1

25kgx2 epic right hand 32 second hold...5:22ish

(note: obviously an illegal pinch since he doesn't control the decent) ;) heehee

• Like 2

Just want to say that gripmas has become my favorite contest to go to! It's not only one of the toughest places to compete but is hands down the most exciting. It really feels like a big family all just hanging out and having a good time while throwing around some serious iron and bending some steal. I just want to thank Chris and Teresa for hosting and opening up their home to everyone, you guys are amazing people. Thanks to everyone that helped judge and keep things going at a good pace, we couldn't of done it with out your help. Thank you to all the sponsors that supplied the awards. It's awesome to know you'll always leave gripmas with some sweet equipment.

This year there was a large group of guys. And having Jedd,Kody, and Andrew competing I knew it was going to be a battle. Trying to catch up too all these guys always gives me the motivation to train even harder.

Kody congrats on the WR man!!! I knew once I heard you were competing that record was toast.

Jedd great job on the win! Looks like you took over grip for 2015!! Great work man. And everyone else great job on all the performances and WR's. It was honestly and awesome experience to witness all those great feats of strength.

Can't wait to see what's in store for all of us next year. Till then, I hope everyone keeps training hard

• Like 2

Huge congrats to everyone! Fantastic numbers!

Do we even need to vote on that 2x25k pinch hold?

Can't say I am surprised this turned out be child's play for Kody.

• Like 1

I must ever so politely disagree with the last statement. No one is even remotely close to Kody pound-for-pound. Remember Kody is just one weight class above that of Bob. Plugging in the numbers in eg Wilk's formula and its crystal clear who is the #1 pinch lifter on the planet. How can anyone place Kody anywhere other than in the #1 spot after that epic 2x25k hold? Bob is definitely amongst the very top pinch lifters pound-for-pound but Kody is in a class of his own.

An awesome contest followed by an unreal after show - like WOW! Tons of BW pinches done - a couple new WRs - strong performances by quite a few people - and did I mention the after show was really really crazy? :)

And Bob Sundin may be the best pound for pound pincher on the planet.

• Like 1

I must ever so politely disagree with the last statement. No one is even remotely close to Kody pound-for-pound. Remember Kody is just one weight class above that of Bob. Plugging in the numbers in eg Wilk's formula and its crystal clear who is the #1 pinch lifter on the planet. How can anyone place Kody anywhere other than in the #1 spot after that epic 2x25k hold? Bob is definitely amongst the very top pinch lifters pound-for-pound but Kody is in a class of his own.

An awesome contest followed by an unreal after show - like WOW! Tons of BW pinches done - a couple new WRs - strong performances by quite a few people - and did I mention the after show was really really crazy? :)

And Bob Sundin may be the best pound for pound pincher on the planet.

Mikael - I couldn't count Kody as we think he might be from another planet and thus not completely human :). But you are correct - numerically Kody is ahead of Bob.

• Like 2

Haahahah...wait a sec...hmmm. You may have a point there. I think next year you should require mandatory genetic testing.

• Like 1