How Many Of You Are Training To Deadlift The Inch?

LAINE SNOOK

Hello All,

How many of you on here are training to do a full deadlift of the Inch Dumbbell??

How far have you got?

What seems to be stopping your progress?

How often do you train the lift?

Please let me know,

Good luck,

Laine

I'm training for it right now amongst other things. I'm still pretty far off but I know I'll get there ( sometime next year for sure). Im taking advantage of the newbie gains at the moment. The TTK plays an integral part. My pinch strength has been going up fast because of it. I'm currently using the older version of the RT & have incorporated the wrist wrench just recently to ramp up the the handle action that the RT lacks. I'm currently mixing it up with full deadlifts & static holds. I only train thick bar once a week in order to train other aspects of my grip.

Well I'm not that big of a guy so I'm just training to lift my Baby Inch.

Nothing is really stopping me other then my strength which is getting better and better. I'm currently doing thick-bar training once a week.

As for now I am training to lift my 68kg inch. Goal is to lift it by summer next year. 2 years after that my Inch

I'm training to lift the inch. It's been pretty frustrating till lately. I ended up buying Jed's lift the inch program. The programming section has been a great help. I've been doing more training with time under tension instead of just trying to get heavy singles in. I've been using high rep lifts or timed holds with lighter thick handled dumbbells, Wrist Wrench preacher curls, and pulldowns using the rolling thunder. I've gone from getting occasional lifts with the Baby Inch to timed holds. I train these lifts on separate days, so three times per week.

I recently had FBBC make this thick dumbbell handle for me. It's 4.5" long and 2.5" in diameter. It's threaded for a 1" bolts to fit standard plates. The bolts tighten to the plates and handle so there is no spin from the plates, mimicking a solid dumbbell. Using smaller diameter plates like 10 pounders you get more rotation in your hand when you lift. Larger plates like 25s you get less rotation. I think by being able to micro load using this dumbbell I'll make quicker progress then training with a fixed weight.

post-18732-0-53208400-1437790124_thumb.j

post-18732-0-01798000-1437790144_thumb.j

Hello All,

How many of you on here are training to do a full deadlift of the Inch Dumbbell??

How far have you got?

Please let me know,

Good luck,

Laine

1. some good lifts with my 69kg InchDB in one session was the best so far

2. too much volume and regular migraine attacks

3. 1 - 3 times per week

BTW, 10 years ago I would not have been able to lift my 51kg InchDB!

Edited by Burkhard Macht

Hello All, How many of you on here are training to do a full deadlift of the Inch Dumbbell?? How far have you got? What seems to be stopping your progress? How often do you train the lift? Please let me know, Good luck, Laine

This is my high water mark:

I train it in waves. Currently I'm focused on 2" lifts, but may get back to the Inch this Fall.

I found I have to train it 1-2x/week doing negatives. 1-2x/week doing thumbless holds with a Fatgripz handle on a db. Pinch work is important. Some additional wrist work also seemed to help.

My main thing holding me back is joint pains in my hands at times. It shuts down the CNS on me, and I have to focus on healing.

Obviously I'm not as accomplished as a grip beast such as yourself. So I'll be curious to see what you recommend.

• Like 1

My best effort so far is this lift with smaller dumbbell after competition.

Owner of this dumbbell says that it feels harder than full weight inch he has lifted. With these one hand deadlifts my arm seems to rotate as i lift. Also with these implements it seems that my wrist gives out.

Currently doing wrist wrench and sledgehammer training twice a week on average.

My best effort so far is this lift with smaller dumbbell after competition.

Owner of this dumbbell says that it feels harder than full weight inch he has lifted. With these one hand deadlifts my arm seems to rotate as i lift. Also with these implements it seems that my wrist gives out.

Currently doing wrist wrench and sledgehammer training twice a week on average.

:grin:

That 67kg baby with over 60mm handle is hard to lift but not as hard as my real INCH. I know because that 67kg baby in video is my old one.

I would consider myself "training" to DL my Inch - but it's pretty haphazard, inconsistent and events (work, injuries, boozey nights out) seem to prove difficult to overcome/bypass. As a result it presently exists as a "dream" rather than a goal. Honesty is best policy :blush

How far have you got?

Not very. 62kg (l) and 57kg ® on a revolving 2.5" handle are my best. I've done more on my old model Rolling Thunder - but it's a poor choice of implement to depend on when training for the Inch (IN MY OPINION). I'm not even sure where my Rolling Thunder is - it does nothing for me and there are better implements I can make/use.

1. Implementing a decent plan (ie. consistent training). I've spent a LOT of time identifying my development areas - but I can't seem to get more than 8-10 weeks into a program before things go off the rails and I thus fail to achieve a maintainable level of increased strength. It's like playing Snakes & Ladders !!!!!!

2. My last finger points are my weakest point, followed closely by my wrist strength (stopping the dreaded rotation). My thumb strength is improved greatly in the last 12 months and is not an issue at all (I nutted out the training on this and implemented some terrific exercises).

To rephrase the question: "How often do I play with my Inch?" Once a fortnight - but I train grip directly 3 or 4 times a week. Yes, this probably a mistake - I should specialize my training a little more.

Dave

For about two months I have been training the Inch twice per week, Monday and Thursday. 5 sets of 6 reps assisted with off hand. Sometimes I think to myself during the workout, that if I let go with my off hand I could hold this thing. But when I let go it slowly rips my hand open. Every workout I think maybe today is the day.

I might. Do you think I'd be any good ha ha

Nah i wouldnt bother if i were you, got no chance haha