Heaviest Rated Gripper Close

greppstark

As topic. What is the heaviest rated gripper close used with a MMS set?

I have a #4 that is rated at 216 pounds.. Could anyone in the world close this gripper?

The highest rated gripper close is by Andrew Durniat at 206 that I can think of.

Anyone who has closed a ghp 9(two people) would be higher rated then that but not officially. I'm pretty sure the mm7 would rate higher also which two people have closed as well.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

The highest rated gripper close is by Andrew Durniat at 206 that I can think of.

Anyone who has closed a ghp 9(two people) would be higher rated then that but not officially. I'm pretty sure the mm7 would rate higher also which two people have closed as well.

Thanks for reply!! Maybe Nathan Holle would play with my #4 as he closed ghp9 with a 1.5" block set. Edited by Simon Norevi

Newbie question here: What is the limit for a MMS? I guess it's right above parallel? Or does it need to be larger?

I'm very sure that "many" people can close a lot harder grippers and have done so with a parallel set.

Newbie question here: What is the limit for a MMS? I guess it's right above parallel? Or does it need to be larger?

I'm very sure that "many" people can close a lot harder grippers and have done so with a parallel set.

The limit is no narrower than parallel

Andrew did it with a block set which is harder. His MMS is way more surely. Juha closed a 214 rated one if I am not mistaken. Definitely more than a 206. I guess anyone who can close a GhP will close your 4. Vano, Cancrusher and Nathan Holle (who REPPED a 4 7 times). Probably any MMG7 closure AKA Paul Knight and Tim Struse who repped a #4 3 times and the fourth rep was less than 1 mm away. And yeah that bear Romanian guy who almost certed on the 4 and MMSed a 4 with a big loud click and grind(video on youtube for all and every close I mentioned). Dave Morton at his best repped his 205 4 for 4 small reps so I would put him up there to close your 216 CoC #4

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1

Andrew did it with a block set which is harder. His MMS is way more surely. Juha closed a 214 rated one if I am not mistaken. Definitely more than a 206. I guess anyone who can close a GhP will close your 4. Vano, Cancrusher and Nathan Holle (who REPPED a 4 7 times). Probably any MMG7 closure AKA Paul Knight and Tim Struse who repped a #4 3 times and the fourth rep was less than 1 mm away. And yeah that bear Romanian guy who almost certed on the 4 and MMSed a 4 with a big loud click and grind(video on youtube for all and every close I mentioned). Dave Morton at his best repped his 205 4 for 4 small reps so I would put him up there to close your 216 CoC #4

Wow. I guess my #4 are closeable.. Damn there are some strong dudes out there!!!

Wow. Things really got nuts during my grip hiatus.

All of these guys are superstrong. However almost all of these feats were done years ago. Most of these guys are not actively pursuing big gripper closes at this time.

So how many guys are currently able to do this??

Vano is getting pretty close for sure.

is Paul Knight retired? i haven't heard of him in a while.

I heard he is currently training for MMA and/or arm wrestling I think? Someone else can correct me but I did hear that somewhere

I heard he is currently training for MMA and/or arm wrestling I think? Someone else can correct me but I did hear that somewhere

yeah, i heard something about that. i hope he does well.

Steve Gardener (Mobsterone) has closed #4 's in competition, not sure of the ratings.

He is still training heavy on grip.

Sean

• Like 2

216 pounds mms now I can not, but I think deepset

• Like 3

Martin Arildsson has closed a 207 lbs #4 both hands. Or maybe he missed it a hair with his left I'm not 100 % sure.

• Like 3

Steve Gardener (Mobsterone) has closed #4 's in competition, not sure of the ratings.

Sean

I think I did one rated at 205 AFTER a competition. I'll be back on grippers following the WSH event in two weeks.

• Like 2

Oh yeah Vog also easily mashed a new 4

Sean

I think I did one rated at 205 AFTER a competition. I'll be back on grippers following the WSH event in two weeks.

Yep, it's time, now or never.

• Like 1

The "random " 4 we hung on display wall is light years harder than the 3.5 or any 4s I have felt. It Rice tested at 224 and Rich and Tex "in shape" really couldn't do much of anything with it. By chance it might have been a "bridge too far feeling "since they never for what I have seen messed with any other 4s. With the Phantom which they did try with present rules had proved as well no luck when they were clicking the 3.5 shut and certed.