2" Vbar Attempt

Evan Raftopoulos

I tried max lift on this for the first time. I used all the wts I have home (with the bar ~178.6 lbs) but I feel that was my limit.

• Like 2

this is another attempt same day same wt, higher lift but less control on the way down. (I'm pretty sure my neighbor downstairs hates me)

wanted to get baseline of all the lifts for the King Kong challange and now I will focus again on grippers and MM0. For the King Kong challenge I'm only missing the euro pinch but not planning on getting that one at this point in time. It's heavy and shipping cost from UK is probably ridiculous.

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

thanks Mike, I know but since I didn't think to use something that is 2 inches in the vid for reference for clear pass I thought to upload this one too.

thanks Mike, I know but since I didn't think to use something that is 2 inches in the vid for reference for clear pass I thought to upload this one too.

Ah, sure. Just wanted you to know. This lift was popular a couple years ago but it seems to be coming back into fashion. Check out Adam Glass's videos.

• Like 1

Check out Adam Glass's videos.

this guy has superhuman grip. He is no 1 with 350 lbs which is more than 50 lbs ahead of no 2.

Check out Adam Glass's videos.

this guy has superhuman grip. He is no 1 with 350 lbs which is more than 50 lbs ahead of no 2.

Its definitely his lift. Look for people who have good Little Big Horn #'s to do very well at this event. Eric Roussin, Kody, etc will do really well.

• Like 1

Evan if you live in the US your best option for a euro is Jedd. He sells euros from his site at a reasonable cost.

• Like 2

You don't have to have a reference for the 2" lift. I just always find it helps when your maxing out to set a 2" pinch block or 2x4 next to it for reference.

• Like 1

Evan if you live in the US your best option for a euro is Jedd. He sells euros from his site at a reasonable cost.

Did I just miss this, I looked on the site and could not find euros?

http://dieselcrew.com/store/product/napalm-pinch-basic/

http://dieselcrew.com/store/product/napalm-pinch-pro/

• Like 1

I tried max lift on this for the first time. I used all the wts I have home (with the bar ~178.6 lbs) but I feel that was my limit.

That's a very good start. Watch some videos of the top guys and experiment with your hand position. I've done this lift very little but noticed there is more technique to it than is immediately apparent.

• Like 1

I guess I did miss it...thanks

• Like 1

I guess I did miss it...thanks

Looks like you can ask questions about the Napalm Pinch devices here.

• Like 1

That's a very good start. Watch some videos of the top guys and experiment with your hand position. I've done this lift very little but noticed there is more technique to it than is immediately apparent.

thanks Bob, you are right about the technique. I was able to lift 203 lbs today with no training since last time I posted this. It helped watching Adam's videos. I sent the vid attempt to Andrew to see if it passes.

• Like 2

Good job on the 200lb+ lift, Evan! I have some videos out there of some technique adjustments that have helped some guys too. I wasn't even close to Adam Glass - although I do have one of the handful of 300lb+ comp lifts on the books.

• Like 1

thanks Bob, you are right about the technique. I was able to lift 203 lbs today with no training since last time I posted this. It helped watching Adam's videos. I sent the vid attempt to Andrew to see if it passes.

Good job on the 200lb+ lift, Evan! I have some videos out there of some technique adjustments that have helped some guys too. I wasn't even close to Adam Glass - although I do have one of the handful of 300lb+ comp lifts on the books.

Evan, between Adam's and Ben's videos you should figure it out!

Your nervous system will start getting used to the groove of the lift and you will make gains just from practicing it, as you already know I'd guess.

EDIT: I meant to tell you i tried it a couple times recently and it feels like it gives you carpet burn on your palms closer to the wrist. I guess it hits a different area than other lifts. I've never trained the v-bar, only tested it a few times.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...