Rolling Thunder Problems

Jared Goguen

So any advice on how to go about fixing a rolling thunder that has stopped rolling? I have tried blowing it out with compressed air and nothing changed.

The plastic handle seems to be slightly compressed so that it's always in contact with the shaft it spins around so it barley rolls at all.

I have never pulled more then 135ish on it so it can't be the amount of weight on it.

Any advice on fixing it or is it dead?

Contact ironmind. They will fix it or replace it for you free of charge

Contact ironmind. They will fix it or replace it for you free of charge

This

Talk to Randall.

The other option besides sending it back to IM to repair would be to replace it with a FBBC Crusher. Those are built like tanks and will still be solid to be handed down to your great grandkids.

- Aaron

• Like 5

Looks like its toast, brother. Other than getting IM to repair/replace it. How do they even get that plastic handle on there? It looks like the body is solid steel, but it must be multiple pieces. Unless they just brute force it on there over those collars.

• Like 1

Contact ironmind. They will fix it or replace it for you free of Charge

I have the same Problem. I contacted IM. They told me to return the RT for inspection. They will repair or replace it. I will return it the next few days.

The chalk have a tendensy to come in between the plastic handle and the "frame". WD40 or some sort of oil should fix your problems. I use to put some oil between now and then.

• Like 1

Thanks guy I think im going to try and get it replaced, then sell it, then get a bigger crusher.

• Like 1

So it came like that?

No it use to spin just fine.

Wow, I think you need to put that Rolling Thunder out of its misery.

• Like 1

Is that the RT you got from me?? Oh no.

Yeah

The other option besides sending it back to IM to repair would be to replace it with a FBBC Crusher. Those are built like tanks and will still be solid to be handed down to your great grandkids.

- Aaron

I have been really happy with my 2" Crusher.

Looks like its toast, brother. Other than getting IM to repair/replace it. How do they even get that plastic handle on there? It looks like the body is solid steel, but it must be multiple pieces. Unless they just brute force it on there over those collars.

Yeah looking at it I can't easily tell how it was put together.

Wow, I think you need to put that Rolling Thunder out of its misery.

Agreed.

Sorrrrry. I never had any trouble. Also though I never used chalk. Talk to IM, they actually have very good customer service in that regard.

Sorrrrry. I never had any trouble. Also though I never used chalk. Talk to IM, they actually have very good customer service in that regard.

Dude not your fault at all, plastic things break.

I did email them.

Looks like they are going to fix it or send me a new one.

• Like 1

I had the same problem last summer.

Left the RT in the basement with high moisture.

The plastic must expand a little bit like wooden doors in the summertime.

Just placed the RT outside in the sun on a hot dry day and later everything was fine.

• Like 1

Thanks guy I think im going to try and get it replaced, then sell it, then get a bigger crusher.

Or you buy my RT. ;)

Just placed the RT outside in the sun on a hot dry day and later everything was fine.

That's odd It shouldn't be so sensitive.

Great tip Gary! Did just that and it is spining perfectliy again! Thanks! This saved me a lot of shiping costs from germany to USA.

• Like 1

I didn't think about the possibility of returning it, have just used it like this a couple times since it locked up pretty badly-note that I clearly label it a "NON-Rolling Thunder (old, locked-up handle):":

I didn't think about the possibility of returning it, have just used it like this a couple times since it locked up pretty badly-note that I clearly label it a "NON-Rolling Thunder (old, locked-up handle):"

I sent it back, they said they would fix it or replace but as soon as I get it back I think I'm going to let go on here and get a 2.5" Crusher.

The chalk have a tendensy to come in between the plastic handle and the "frame". WD40 or some sort of oil should fix your problems. I use to put some oil between now and then.

I haven't tried the new RT handles since IM upgraded them a few years ago. Does chalk actually help now? I remember the last contest I went to with this as a lift everyone was wiping the handle down with a towel and cleaning their hands before the event.

Jon@han

• 3 weeks later...

So I sent it back, they didn't replace it and only kinda half fixed it, the plastic is still compressed and warped they just cut the sleeve down some.

They also said they would pay for the shipping and didn't so there’s that.

• Like 1