knyaz

Got the Red Nail

Once I bent the Stainless square 7 ", and a bit later the G8

I knew the Red nail should go down

After a bit of rest

• Like 1

congrats on tackling the red

Congrats!

How long have you been (seriously, specifically) training for this?

Sean

Thanks Sean

first time I saw someone bend a 60d nail was at a Chicago grip get together ,

It was around summer time 2007 , that's when I got into it , by the end of 2008

I've bent some G 5 x 5.5 " 1/4" was progressing and having a ton of fun bending, then took a fall skating

Messed up my wrist, even when it was feeling better, I didn't concentrate on bending,

I felt stuck at the G5 level , so I focused on Lifting the Blob 50 , and kettle bells etc , around March , 2015 I got my nails out and set a goal !

To finally start progressing again with the Steel, surprisingly my wrists seemed to be Way stronger then

Where I left off , so I'm setting the goal for now to get the Red nail in

Double Ironmind pads and then single Ironmind pads!

congrats on tackling the red

Thanks ! Been looking forward to this day , esp after seeing some progress with the 5 /16 steel

Good job there, must be pleased with yourself!

Thanks a lot ! It felt good to make progress, feeling motivated !

You have a lot of strength you're not using at all. Watch your video again. You bring the nail to your throat then before the hit you drop to nipple height. I have no idea why you are doing this. You obviously have the flexibility. Focus on your technique, and not to bend the biggest stuff you can. Focus on keeping the nail at your throat and not dropping to your nipples. Try this, After you bring the nail to your throat pin it there by dropping your chin on top of it. Focus and practice that, I promise you will progress fast.

Edited by EJ Livesey

Congratulations!

Thanks a lot !

Fantastic work man!!!

Thanks Ben , I finally used the bending workout you put together for me back in the day ,

The isometrics and working on my weak spots like the crush down have paid off big time !

You have a lot of strength you're not using at all. Watch your video again. You bring the nail to your throat then before the hit you drop to nipple height. I have no idea why you are doing this. You obviously have the flexibility. Focus on your technique, and not to bend the biggest stuff you can. Focus on keeping the nail at your throat and not dropping to your nipples. Try this, After you bring the nail to your throat pin it there by dropping your chin on top of it. Focus and practice that, I promise you will progress fast.

Thanks EJ , I appreciate the pointers, I'll need to go back to lighter steel to work on the form again ,

Been trying to better my form , but it seems to not want to stick to the chin height, will need to film the next bends and focus on the form more.

As EJ says... stick the bar under your chin, apply force from there and watch what will happen.

Congratulations for your 1st red nail!

Congrats that's a great milestone.

As EJ says... stick the bar under your chin, apply force from there and watch what will happen.

Congratulations for your 1st red nail!

Thanks!

Congrats that's a great milestone.

Thanks Andrew !

Hoping to bend bigger steel in the future