...aaand Three More New Coc's

Geralt

I assume all these new certs from Russia were at the same event and used the same gripper?

I assume all these new certs from Russia were at the same event and used the same gripper?

Same event, probably. But I would be really surprised if they passed around the same gripper.

Too many certs! Congrats

I have no idea, I would say that everybody certed on separate grippers. Seems most logical.

Same event, probably. But I would be really surprised if they passed around the same gripper.

i wouldn't. Unless things changed from when I was at a big grip get together in about 04. I missed that day but Kevin busse got his cert that same day within a min of my try on the same gripper. A couple others tried too on the same gripper. Strossen was the judge.

Too bad I didn't have the strength I do now then I'd easily have got that cert because I guess it was a light three. It was for sure easier than my current three.

• Like 1

I have no idea, I would say that everybody certed on separate grippers. Seems most logical.

Assuming they used different grippers, how much would it suck to be the guy that got the freak 165lbs rated #3 and your buddies got regular ones?

• Like 2

Assuming they used different grippers, how much would it suck to be the guy that got the freak 165lbs rated #3 and your buddies got regular ones?

True, but that's the whole deal with the IM cert of course. everybody certs on a different #3 which can vary very much in strength, as we see lately in de CPW rated grippers. I can also feel it in the grippers I have. If I had to cert on my 142lbs #3, I'd be signing up today. It's the other end of the spectrum that I am 'scared' of. Any #3 cert is a worthy cert in my opinion, no argument on that or to discredit people. But you catch my drift.

Edited by Geralt

It had to be different grippers. You're supposed to get to keep your cert gripper. High or low-end strength, you must be ready. Just about everyone knows now that there is a high-end strength you have to be able to close. The last thing I'd want to worry about is if I'm getting a gripper I'm not ready for.

• Like 1