Chat Feature

Bill Piche

Should Wannagrip look into implementing a chat function?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wannagrip look into implementing a chat function?

• Yes
    • No

I think I have the technology. ;)

Vote on whether I should try and implement a chat function.

We would use it by scheduling "chat sessions" every so often and it would not be ON all the time (if I can do this). Then, it would not take away from the board but could add to it.

Thanks.

Wanna,

GREAT IDEA! :yikes Also, how about setting aside "chat times" - times in which we could all get together at the same time and chat. I hope the chat does not take away anything from the forum, however. Anyhow, a good idea! :)

I'm with Snott, great idea!

Simply incredible!! :D Something that both Heath and I agree with!! This MUST be a great idea - go for it, Wanna!! :bow:D:bow

How exactly does a chat function work? I'm not to advanced when it comes to certain things on a computer.

How exactly does a chat function work? I'm not to advanced when it comes to certain things on a computer.

You login to a window and can type in messages to people in a "room" real time and also see everyone who is "chatting in the room". Basically it is talking to each other real time rather than hanging and posting.

Sounds like a great idea Wannagrip. Hope it gets implemented soon.

Ben Edwards

I think it's a very good idea. It would be nice to obtain grip information in a "real time" environment. I think it's at least worth a try, but would probably be a great permanent feature. The chat room will most definitely need a profanity filter installed, especially for Joe Roark!

You have my consent to go ahead with the idea. :laugh

Looking for a few testers. Maybe 2 or 3.

Yes, I have something implemented. :)

Guys, I need VOLUNTEERS to test this thing! :erm

No volunteers?

I guess no one is interested after all. :(

I think it is a good idea, but it is not something I would use.

Then you would miss out. Because the way I plan on doing this is planning special "chat sessions" for the users here. It will not be "turned on" all the time. That way, it becomes a special deal hopefully. ;)

I would use it if others wanted me to. I am only still here at the Gripboard because enough people asked me to stay, and I put them before those who do not like me.

I work from 1400 to 0200 hours, and type (I guess you could call it that) slower than Christmas, but I voulunteer.

Testing done. Thanks to Gazza, Heath, and Tou. Thanks too Eric for volunteering.

ALRIGHT!! :blink Who's the joker with the only "no" vote?!? :angry: OldGuy... was that you? ;)

No Snott, and dont call me a joker even though I am both smarter and funnier than you! How people voted is their business. I saidithat it was a good idea, but would not use it. I voted yes.

Wannagrip I will give it a try but I might need some help with it.