Ironmind Blockbuster Pinch Block 76.8 Lbs

kodyburns

Thanks Jon ! I locked 79.8 lbs lefty but righty only a couple inches. 80 lbs next time both hands for sure ! Once I get back at it some I can see 90 goin down. Talk about dead weight. This thing isnt easy as it looks. Very deceiving.

Awesome lift Kody! I have trained a little with this pinch block and so I have a lot of respect for what you just did.

• Like 1

That's a stout lift!

I've used one only once and found my grip on it was much better without chalk. It was like picking up a block of ice.

• Like 1

It is ideal to have two IM pinch blocks, if someone wants to do his best on this lift.

Take one of the blocks and cover both sides with athletic tape. This will be the training block. Use chalk.

The other block is kept in stock condition and will only be used for max effort attempts. Wipe down the block and the lifting hand before each lift with a rag dampened with 90% isopropyl alcohol. Allow the hand and block to dry. Then go for the lift.

• Like 3

Nice work. How did you get chalk to stick to it?

• Like 1

Nice lift Kody! Is this the newer type block that holds chalk?

Not sure about this Tom. I never new there was an old or new block. This one doesn't hold chalk very well at all. Feels like the same surface texture of the hub.

Edited by kodyburns
  • Like 1

Nice work. How did you get chalk to stick to it?

Jedd, I just caked it on there with alot and rubbed it in the best I could. Once your hand starts to sweat it allows some clumping effect that helps a little. But then once you lift on it the chalk usually just disappears though. Same surface feel as the hub.

Nice lift Kody! Is this the newer type block that holds chalk?

Tom Im guessing its the newer version since I bought it a 3 or 4 weeks ago. But it doesnt hold chalk the best.
  • Like 1

Huge lifts for that device Kody, and with both hands, well done!

Thanks Bob ! This lift would be right up your alley ! You ever try this thing ?

• Like 1

Very strong lifting Kody!

Thanks David !

That's a stout lift!

I've used one only once and found my grip on it was much better without chalk. It was like picking up a block of ice.

Eric, to be honest this one feels about the same lol. Hard to get a good bite.

Kody, I tried it a few times when first starting grip before selling it and my best lifts were about the same as yours, except I was using two hands at once instead of one :blush . I'm stronger now, but doubt I'd do that well as I remember having the same thoughts as Adam Glass did about the implement feeling like a block of ice. Kind of like a watermelon seed, the hard I'd squeeze, the more violently it would squirt out of my hand(s).

For some reason (dry, smooth fingertips perhaps?) i struggle greatly with that type of slippery surface or hammertone, etc. and do better on cold. foggy, clammy or even rainy days than dry, low-humidity days. Drinking various oils (© Chris Rice), ^water intake hasn't helped either.

Kody, I tried it a few times when first starting grip before selling it and my best lifts were about the same as yours, except I was using two hands at once instead of one :blush . I'm stronger now, but doubt I'd do that well as I remember having the same thoughts as Adam Glass did about the implement feeling like a block of ice. Kind of like a watermelon seed, the hard I'd squeeze, the more violently it would squirt out of my hand(s).

For some reason (dry, smooth fingertips perhaps?) i struggle greatly with that type of slippery surface or hammertone, etc. and do better on cold. foggy, clammy or even rainy days than dry, low-humidity days. Drinking various oils (© Chris Rice), ^water intake hasn't helped either.

Bob, I totally understand. The only real reason I bought one is because I heard Jon Vance say he seen that the Blockbuster Pinch Block was now being held for world record purposes. On Ironminds' site you can see that they've added a world record section on this lift. I thought that was pretty cool and would only be a matter of time before we start seeing these turn up in a contest or Juha and his crew going balls out with this thing. Trying to stay ahead of the curve :)

• Like 3

Strong as hell Kody. I sold mine a while back but I remember what I use to do it and this is super impressive lift.

• Like 1

Nice lift! I remember reading wade did around 110lbs on the lift in training but only about 70lbs or so in contest. Gives you an idea on how that texture can play a big role for this lift.

Nice lift! I remember reading wade did around 110lbs on the lift in training but only about 70lbs or so in contest. Gives you an idea on how that texture can play a big role for this lift.

Thats nuts Stephen ! I could believe this from Wade. So it has been contested you say ? Wonder why such a big difference in numbers. Maybe his was more seasoned. He has some huge hands which definitely help too. I figured Jedd, Dave Labbe and yourself Stephen might be the guys to beat on this.

And of course Juha and all the great gripsters over there in Finland ! Cant forget about them boys.

Thats nuts Stephen ! I could believe this from Wade. So it has been contested you say ? Wonder why such a big difference in numbers. Maybe his was more seasoned. He has some huge hands which definitely help too. I figured Jedd, Dave Labbe and yourself Stephen might be the guys to beat on this.

And of course Juha and all the great gripsters over there in Finland ! Cant forget about them boys.

http://www.jackalsgym.com/athletes%5Cwg_topgrip.pdf

I just looked it up now its on his website but I thought I remember reading it on here also in an old thread. I'm not sure why the numbers can vary so much could be just a bad day the one day he did it or it was a new one so obviously much harder to get a grip.

I was very unhappy with the surface of the blockbuster. For me it was not much fun so it was a very very rare exercise. After i have roughen the surface with sandpaper i love to pinch that thing :grin:

btw big lift kody!

• Like 2