Blobs In Uk

dan_j_carter

Guys,

Has anyone found a source of blobs in the UK ? Just had a weird email exchange with York until it turns out that York Barbell (UK) and York Barbell (US) are completely unconnected :laugh

Cheers,

Dan

Dan

I think the only blobs in the UK at the moment are from the USA,

Unless you get one made yourself,will be costly tho.

Thanks Gazza,

I guess i'll just have to live vicariously through other people's blob feats for now.

Cheers,

Dan

Dan, all I can think of is to contact York's official dealer in England.

Try this. david.shaw46@btopenworld.com

John

I did the same thing emailed him lots a times about 6months ago,did not get a single reply.

OldGuy,

Thanks very much for details - He actually replied almost immediately confirming that he can get them, but is likely to be expensive as he has no shipments in near future so would have to get them specially.

I await further details as to just how expensive he is talking ....

Cheers,

Dan

I remember reading here before that hex blobs are as hard as regular blobs, which makes me think it's a bit like IM grippers vs others. The benchmark for blobs will always be a 50lb York the same as the benchmark in grippers is the IM 3. However IMHO for us Brits especially there are more cost effective solutions.

Before I start hacking up blobs, I'd like to know if people think that lifting a hex blob trains the hand as effectivly as a York blob.

Hex block weights train the hand very well, and worth it if you can't find York dumbells. My first block weights were hex and I fell in love with them immediately.

-HH

OldGuy,

Good suggestion, although ebay uk is a sad shadow of ebay.com for weightlifting gear - e.g. there is rarely more than a single set of oly plates per month and they often go for more than the new price !!??

wsm_fan_uk (and Hammerhead) - hex idea seems like best bet for now. Any suggestions as to where to get the bigger hex dumbells in uk ? a quick look at bodysolid, bodypower etc shows nothing over 30kg (which is fine for now, but I like to dream :D )

Cheers,

Dan

OldGuy,

Exchange and Mart good idea, will be checking, but already check loot (very similar), and is same problem as with ebay - the range of gear for sale is just much smaller in the uk so odds are low.

The other two links you included both sell York(UK) stuff as in first post, rather than York(US) stuff, so no go there

Cheers,

Dan