Gripper Assessments

Bill Piche

I had blasted grip at lunch time today at work but I still gave Zcor's grippers a go when I saw they arrived today.

Disclaimer: These are Rick's grippers and just because his are this strength doesn't mean if you order one you will get the same. But, if you read the gripboard you would know this by now. :)

The Super Master.

There's no longer the annoying closeness of the handles. Both grippers were the same and very standard. Not too narrow and not too wide.

The Super Master that Rick has would be a great gripper to go between the 2 and a 3. In fact, you may be able to equate it to a weak 3 out there.

The Heavy Elite fits well between a 3 and 4. But, is biased more towards the 4 end. Another good gripper for someone trying to close the IronMind 4 because not only is it good in strength but good in handle width as well. I would say it's harder than my former silver elite at the close but easier in the sweep until the last inch. No, I did not close it.

Very nice grippers overall and right in the proper gaps. Remember my disclaimer guys! ;)

Thanks Rick for letting me try them. I will give them one more go when I am fresh on Saturday. Tomorrow is rest day! :)

Thank you for the post Wanna. My SM is a good in-between gripper for the #3 as well.

-HH

Wgrip

Thanks for your honest and forthright evaluation. I asked Wannagrip

to evaluate my grippers and to give his honest opinion as to the respective strengths of each. Of course, his opinion could have gone the other way as well. If that would have been the case,

I could live with that as well. Hopefully, this will help anyone to make

a beneficial decision with their gripper choices.

I talked to Tetting yesterday and he is changing the name of the

Heavy Elite to Super Elite and the former Super Elite will now be

named the Grand Elite( his version of the #4).

The Grand Master is the #3.

I think Jeff Peterson already posted this, but it does not hurt to repeat

it I would think