Help With Some Pricing?

Clay Edgin

I walked into the gym last night and they instantly caught my eye - an old pair of 160 and 180 pound dumbbells! The guy at the counter said that the gym's owner was trying to get rid of them because he wasn't going to be using them anymore. These obviously aren't the same dumbbells that our gym uses, so I'm guessing they were part of the owner's personal equipment. They said I could make him an offer on what I want to buy the dumbbells for but I didn't know what they are worth.

Anyone have any idea what old, used dumbbells are going for these days? If I can get my hands on the 180 pounders, I'll put a fat handle on them and prepare myself for the Inch :)

Dammit, I want these dumbbells.

To start with offer him 25 cents a pound. I would not pay more than 35 cents per pound for used weights unless they had something that made them unusualy valuable. I recently purchased 300 plus pounds of Ivanko Olympic plates for 30 cents a pound.

hi clay I would be glad to buy apair or split a pair I would say no more than 30 cents a # would be right I live outside albany ny :dry

Guest sjeff70

Old Guy,

Where did you find Ivanko plates that cheap? Are they used?

I've been shopping for them but with shipping included the best I can get is $510.00 for 540 lbs and I still haven't payed taxes yet. Where on earth are you getting them for 30 cents per lb? :(

Jeff

25 cents a pound or less.

Face it: who would really want to lift those dumbbells?

(A: Guys like us!! :blink:laugh )

Jeff, I got the plates locally. I just got lucky after years of hoping to come across some Ivanko plates. I bought all of them. They are used and are Ivankos cheapest plates, still being made by them. My biggest saving was on the shipping cost.

Gentlemen, thank you for your responses. I'm still waiting on a call back from the gym owner.