Arcade Gripper

Jonathan McMillan

A diner in Princeton, NJ has one and I can peg it. I can get about 6-8 reps on my #2 IM gripper, and am closing in on the #3, just to give you an idea of where I stand.

Mike

Cool, so I might even be able to mash one if I ever run across this robot tester!!!

Did you ever see the one that StrongMitts posted about?

Jon@han

Just to let you know, the handles on the one I tried don't move. They must just have some kind of sensor between them. I also know that my effort was not a "fluke" as my friends and I frequent this diner often, and some of them are fairly strong in the grip dept.(Arborists, Mechanics, Cops....jobs that REQUIRE a somewhat strong grip!) and none of them can peg the meter, but the quarter it costs me to piss them off every time is the best use of a quarter I can think of!!!

Also, no, I haven't seen any other kinds of machines.

Mike

It's new to me, and will probably stay that way at $125 per four hour rental. It looks like fun, though. Before I started specifically training grip, I tried one similar at a hamburger joint, several years ago. I didn't achieve the highest level, but it felt as if the thing registered my score before I was finished squeezing. It only had a range of motion of about one inch.