Got The Lemley Grippers!

Patrik_F

I got the Lemley grippers yesterday, I ordered 2 of them. Poor quality but for that price? Like everybody else said, the handles were wide. It is a pretty tough gripper, it depends on were you fix the handles. If you fix them high near the spring it almost is a #3. It is still much harder than a #2 if you fix them lower.

The handles were loose on both grippers on the dogleg side. I didnt even need to twist them off, just a slight pull and the handles were off.

I tried to glue them back on but it didnt work so well. How did you fix the handles? I think I need some extra padding inside the handles because it is way too loose. The glue doesnt help all by itself.

Patrik,

Try using a 2 part bonding material. The package would have 2

tubes or containers. One would be an epoxy resin and the other

one would be the activator /hardener.

Mix the two and coat the spring post. When you insert the spring

into the handle you will have some squeeze out. You can clean

that off using alcohol.

Set the handle where you want it then you will have to secure it

in that position so it will not move untill the bonding material sets up.

Most bonding material will need 4-6 hours to set. 24 hours for

a full cure.

Any questions let us know

Thanks, I have to find some product like that here in Sweden. But actually I think I will keep one handle loose on one of the grippers. It is kinda cool to be able to adjust the difficulty of it by sliding the handle down or up. It can be dangerous if you are not careful but I like it so far :)

Patrick with my Lemley gripper, I removed the handles, and then drilled the holes deep enough so that the spring was set at the correct depth. It hade been to high on the handles. To keep the handles in place I used superglue. With the recent scare of chromed springs being more liable to break, I have stopped using it.

I gave my Lemley's gripper away. I didn't like the opposite winding of the spring. It was just awkward, and didn't feel good to me at all.

I liked the way the spring is wound. My left hand fits the gripper better and can exert more force on the spring. It's a good left handed gripper.

-HH

I once bought 10 of them and gave away 8. I don't like the Lemley's either... but some do. :mellow

Lemleys are good to use with the left hand, I am usually much stronger righty but with the Lemley there isnt much difference between left and right.

But I agree, the quality is poor and you can get injured if you are not careful with those loose handles. I like to keep them loose for a while though to figure out where I want to fix them.