Training Tools For Christmas?

Chuck Hench

Merry Christmas everyone! Did anybody get any implements of grip or other body training equipment for Christmas this year? I got some fat gripz, expand your hand bands, COC 2.5 and COC 3.5 this year. I also got my dad a COC trainer and #2.

The 3.5 feels like a brick so congrats to all that can close this thing. I'm gonna try to close the 2.5 out of the package on video at my next training session.

• Like 5

Got a 148 ext grand master.

But treating myself to a large order of steel from iron grip in the next few days :D

Happy christmas all.

• Like 2

New oly bar, rage Phoenix cross fitter style. Extremely tough with fat grips because of the very smooth rotating sleeves.

• Like 2

My wife gave me the ok to purchase the materials to make a nice cast iron plate loaded Inch trainer. Gonna solid cast iron handle and turn the plates to spherical profile. Being all solid cast iron and with cast iron spheres should feel exactly like the real one and be loadable even higher than 172. Materials should be here next week then just have to find time to work on it.

-Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 6

I got a euro from Jedd but I was able to convince my wife to let me

Order it before christmas. So glad I got one that had the inserts laser cut rather then making them myself. It's really nice.

• Like 1

A 16lb and 20lb sledgehammer for me and I plan on getting a pickaxe handle made up whenever Home Depot opens back up. It'll be my belated Christmas gift to myself :)

• Like 1

My wife gave me the ok to purchase the materials to make a nice cast iron plate loaded Inch trainer. Gonna solid cast iron handle and turn the plates to spherical profile. Being all solid cast iron and with cast iron spheres should feel exactly like the real one and be loadable even higher than 172. Materials should be here next week then just have to find time to work on it.

-Aaron

There is no one on this board who could give an answer like that. Probably end up with some lights and sounds on it too. :santa::grin:

• Like 1

Wife and kiddos got me another shotgun.

Not exactly a primary grip training implement, but serves great for active rest when you shoot from the hip. Lol!

I don't recommend anyone try this because I'm a professional but....I once held my pump 12ga loaded with 3" mag and shot it pistol style with one hand. Not many people could do this without the shotgun falling out of your hand to the ground.

If you ever try make sure you're in a open field away from everyone.

Or just don't try it. But it is grip!!

• Like 1

I didn't get any grip equipment from anybody else, but i did get myself some. Zenith 2,3,4, ghp 8,9 plus block, bbse, bbge, ironmind hub, titan telegraph key and a secret weapon.

Slight overkill?

Edited by Paul Savage
  • Like 3

I didn't get any grip equipment from anybody else, but i did get myself some. Zenith 2,3,4, ghp 8,9 plus block, bbse, bbge, ironmind hub, titan telegraph key and a secret weapon.

Slight overkill?

Well I guess Santa wouldn't be able to carry all that in his sleigh anyway...

• Like 1

Slight overkill?

Well I guess Santa wouldn't be able to carry all that in his sleigh anyway...

How many elves would it take to lift the Inch anyway? Hmmm....-rubs his chin-

Not exactly a primary grip training implement, but serves great for active rest when you shoot from the hip. Lol!

What kind of boomstick did you get?

I wish I could own a Wilson combat 870, benelli m4 and a mossberg 590A1!

I would like to hear your feed back on it after you have used it some. I have been using an el-cheap-o $60 bar from Dicks Sporting Goods and I had it leaned up against the wall, it slid down hit the cement, now only one side spins, kind of. $275 seems like a good price.

I would like to hear your feed back on it after you have used it some. I have been using an el-cheap-o $60 bar from Dicks Sporting Goods and I had it leaned up against the wall, it slid down hit the cement, now only one side spins, kind of. $275 seems like a good price.

I have only bench pressed with it so far. Tonight I'm doing squats with it. You can feel the quality difference. I had a cheapo bar before this as well (bought it used from a friend). This is my first time having a high quality bar. It one of the cheapest high quality bars you can buy. It has a lifetime warranty and rogue ships it for 15 bucks. Rogue shipping is freaking awesome.

What kind of boomstick did you get?

I wish I could own a Wilson combat 870, benelli m4 and a mossberg 590A1!

The one i just got is a Mossberg Maverick 88 12g with an 18.5" barrel. The home defense model (or my new truck gun, rather). My wife apparently spotted it on sale at Academy for only $169 while she was Christmas shopping and grabbed it. Being that shes likely the coolest wife ever, shes into a lot of the same hobbies as me, and actually knows a bit about guns.

The Maverick 88 is essentially the exact gun as a Mossberg 500 12g, which i also own. The main difference between the two other than about $200 cost is that the safety on the 88 is located on the trigger housing, where as the 500 has the top tang safety (a very nice feature to accommodate both left and right handed operators).

And yes, the 590a1 is a fine shotgun and is next on my list of shotguns to buy. They are tough, rugged, and for a very long time they were the only shotgun to pass U.S. Military testing standards.

Fun fact- the only reason that the Remington 870 was not adopted by the military was due to its trigger housing safety that did not accommodate left handed operators. So its safe to say that it too is a very well established and reliable and rugged shotgun being that that was the only feature that made it fail the testing.

The M4, i have heard, is an outstanding semi-auto shotgun. I have never fired one, and have no experience with it tho..

But if i ever decide to go with a semi-auto shotgun, i will probably get the Saiga 12.

Can you guys not own shotguns where your from?..

We can BUT;

1. 5 years have not passed since my jailtime. After 5 years clean I can own guns again.

2. There are so many retarded restrictions on mag capacity etc so it almost kill all the enjoyment of gun ownership.

Next years Im signing up for the hunters course tho.

And then a nice .308 bolt action, Mossberg 590a1 and some .22lr will be my first gun purchases :D

Your wife truly seem to be worth her weight in gold sir!

Enjoy your new toy!

I got a sweet ass Hex half 75 York block as an added bonus from Bob Sundin for a trade we made, Santa looked out this year, thank you again Bob!

• Like 2

Tommy,

I don't recommend anyone try this because I'm a professional but....I once held my pump 12ga loaded with 3" mag and shot it pistol style with one hand. Not many people could do this without the shotgun falling out of your hand to the ground.

If you ever try make sure you're in a open field away from everyone.

Or just don't try it. But it is grip!!

Lol! Wow dude, 3" buck shot hurts when its shouldered, let alone running it un supported and in 1 hand. Being that i can just barely make it through a 15rd box (while shouldered), im afraid ill have to pass on attempting it 1 handed... Lol

2-3/4" 00 high brass Buck shot, or any high brass slug at 2-3/4" (which are still very powerful) i can shoot all day. But moving up to Magnum loads is quite punishing.

It was 3" mag #2 for mallards and geese. Not buck. So not as punishing but still a fair bit more than 2 3/4 loads lol.

Speaking of Rem 700's. I just got a new rem 700 CDL in 30-06. Great Xmas present. Yet to shoot it though.

Got a new curl bar from my training partners. Wife got me a new polyurethane complete bushing kit, cherry bomb glass pack, skull head shifter, headlight bulbs, and side mirrors for the red beast! Oldest son and I took it out mudding yesterday...I swear we got air when I hit a puddle that I didnt realize was about 3' deep!!!

More good choices on guns, i see! :)

.308 is a very well rounded caliber for hunting lots of different game.

For your bolt gun, i recommend the Remington model 700 in .308 (the police model looks awesome by the way)

The 700P is awesome. My older 26" model is a tack driver. The factory aluminum bedded HS precision stock needed a little work to keep it free floating but afterward I could cover a 100 meter 3 round grouping with a quarter. Sub moa for pretty cheap.

I got a sweet ass Hex half 75 York block as an added bonus from Bob Sundin for a trade we made, Santa looked out this year, thank you again Bob!

Nice! I definetly need to get a blob in my house at some point.

I have only bench pressed with it so far. Tonight I'm doing squats with it. You can feel the quality difference. I had a cheapo bar before this as well (bought it used from a friend). This is my first time having a high quality bar. It one of the cheapest high quality bars you can buy. It has a lifetime warranty and rogue ships it for 15 bucks. Rogue shipping is freaking awesome.

Wow they have an axle for 150$! Might have to get one of those. Probably less than a 2 hour drive as well.