21/64x7" 460lb Bar In Bar Imps

king crusher

Hey all.

So tonight I tried a couple bars EJ sent with the mm3 replica.

First off, I know nothing about bolts. He sent two shiny 7" bolts and I wrapped one up in imps and it is a beast. I didn't think it would be so beastly. I didn't even mic it until after and realized it was a 5/16 G5.

I am happy to say I did get movement. I wobbled it but it stopped me for sure. Mainly it was the bolt head digging into my right palm that didn't let me give 100%.

Hope EJ can chime in at what that rates at because it was WAY tougher than a red.

Anyway I wrapped up the 21/64 bar and got that bent to under 2"

The dumb phone ran out of memory half way through so I had to delete a bunch of stuff restart the phone and continue.

Part 1

Part 2

Screwed up title a little. One too many bars

Impressive dude. Those 21/64 bars have a tough tough crush. Maybe try some bigger wraps on the Edgin? That's a big boy bar for sure.

• Like 1

Thanks shark. Yeah I figured it was what they call the edgin after I used the micrometer on it lol. I had no idea it would be such a beast. But I am happy I wobbled it! I feel I woulda done way more damage on it if I even had double imp wraps. I'm planning to get another set.

Question for you veteans benders. I suck at wrapping. Every single time I wrap by the half way point the wrap starts to drift off the line making it actually less wrap where your pointer fingers sit on the inside. Why are the wraps not rolling straight? Probably would help if they were straight.

Yeah the 21/64 had a solid crush. Felt probably like the O drill rod. Not as much as P I have though cuz I obviously didn't finish that. But who knows maybe I'm a tad stronger again since that bend. It's prob a lot like the P.

Strong bending man.

I look forward to watching you kill that Edgin in doubles!

When I get another set of imp wraps I will try it. I do have some pieces pf leather I could try to wrap around the imps but one side is slick and ones raw. I tried them once but didn't like the feeling.

EJ what do you think those bolts calibrate at?

The shiny G5 is about 580ish. With some doubles I'm sure you can put a hurting on it. The DR looked good, you're getting pretty damn strong. You really need to cert that red.

Thanks EJ. Yeah a day I feel extra good maybe I'll try those leather pieces over imps and hit that bolt.

Yeah I can cert red now but pretty hectic life right now. I will eventually.

Very nice bend.