Where Are They?

Sybersnott

Hey Guys... help me out.

I think I might be out of business before I get started. I went to two places today looking for York DB's to make into blobs. One place that I thought for sure would have them did not! The other place was also a bust.

I even emailed York to ask them, and they didn't return my email! HELP!! :cry

I looked on Yorks website and they didn't have them that I could find. I thougth I'd remebered reading in a older post they weren't making them any more but maybe this is old news to you. I do have a idea though for making a blob thats the size of the 50. Actualy I've already made one for myself. I brought the idea up to Strossen and he didn't seem to interested though.

I will check my supplier Monday. I think he had some left. If not I am sure he can get some. I can mail you Tommy's. :whistel

On average what the current cost for a pound? I would ike to get some if there not to expensive.

I do not want to step on Blob Master's turf (BC). I was just trying to help Snot out. BC what do you think?

I called York and left a voice mail inquiring about local dealers. I received a return call two days later telling me the names of stores

in my area (Massachusetts) where I could go. I called the store and was

told that while the heaviest York cast iron dumbells they carried were

50 pounds they could and would order any size I wanted but it looks

like the heaviest they have available is 100 lbs. I'm going to place the

order next week.

Same story here in Jacksonville, FL. I'm trying to find some nearby to avoid shipping costs but so far, no luck. I've tried sporting goods stores, exercise/fitness stores and 3 places that carry used sports equipment. I found tons ;) of hex dumbbells but no Yorks…

Old Guy thanks for putting up the site I live in WI and have been looking for blobs.

Thanks for the response. I'll give it another go, and see what I can find but it does not look promising. :(

I do not want to step on Blob Master's turf (BC). I was just trying to help Snot out. BC what do you think?

Hehe. No worries. While the Blob Syndicate is a fun little name it is not a business. I found an insane number of York DBs and bought them all, knowing that there was a demand for them in the grip world. I'm simply spreading the blob wealth to those who may not be able to find them. That seems to have paid off because the GripBoard Blob list would have five fewer members if not for the love of Blob Syndicate :) In addition, the increased number of posts and excitement about blob work since I've made these available is really nice to see.

If y'all can find them somewhere else then, by all means use that route, especially if it doesn't involve shipping charges. In fact, I'm reluctant to ship them now anyway because I've had two packages break open during shipping and I'm still dealing with the shipping vendor on those. What's worse is that they don't even know where the contents of the packages (i.e. the blobs) are. How something like a blob just disappears and gets 'lost' is beyond me.

There are apparently Yorks here, although I haven't attempted to contact them so I don't know for sure. It looks like they're $0.85/lb. I'm distributing mine for $0.70/lb. and you don't have to buy two, as you would if buying them from an actual York supplier. I have several 30s and 35s remaining and a couple of 40s. I also have five Blobs but I'm holding onto those for now. My local gym has a full line of York dumbbells and when they upgrade they've told me I could buy the Yorks from them.

You do find these things in the strangest places and if you don't let the seller see your eyes pop out of your head with excitement you can usually arrange to buy them for fairly cheap. Nobody 'cool' wants these things anymore because using them looks like you actually have to do some work (cold, black chunks of cast iron look intimidating to the gym bunny masses).

That said, Blob Syndicate, baby! :mosher

BC.