Iron Grip 105kg Double Overhand Bend

JoshW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6SJSvFY-io&list=UURKNNi0wyM6a811bqMKIT4Q

Felt strong so I tried the next one. I have the 110kg and the 120kg left so I might need to order some more!

Technique felt better on this one, kink strength has gone through the roof compared to last week.

Criticism and opinions welcomed :D

Congrats on an easy bend.

I'll be honest with you however, you won't progress as a bender using doubles on 100kg bars. I'm really speaking from my own experience, not just being a putz for its own sake. I was given the same advice and didn't listen because I enjoyed the feeling of strength that doubles gave me. I got nowhere, and I was simply lucky that I wasn't strong enough to hurt myself. If you want a permanent shoulder injury, doubles before building a very solid foundation are definitely the way to go. If you don't believe me, ask EJ. He knows at least two benders who will never ever be able to bend DO again. One went on to be a great braced bender, the other just became a dick.

After enough time and frustration of not reaching the Red Nail, I listened. Dropped the doubles and start the real hard work of getting tough and strong. I'd rather see you bending 60D nails in IMP's for a year and making real progress. Good luck.

I really appreciate you saying that. I know EJ will say the exact same thing.

At the moment I am using doubles due to injuring my hands, nerve problems. Normally I wouldn't be using doubles as I can deal with the pain from using 1 imps a lot but just till I heal properly il use doubles as I still want to bend. Should only be another week or so hopefully.

Thanks sharkey!

• Like 1

I really appreciate you saying that. I know EJ will say the exact same thing.

At the moment I am using doubles due to injuring my hands, nerve problems. Normally I wouldn't be using doubles as I can deal with the pain from using 1 imps a lot but just till I heal properly il use doubles as I still want to bend. Should only be another week or so hopefully.

Thanks sharkey!

I'm glad you took that well. Hand conditioning is crucial for bending, especially if you are not Shrek sized. Alternating Tuf-foot and coconut oil and sanding callouses while bending higher volume in IMP's will allow your skin to become tough and leathery. THEN you can go for bigger bends safely and know that your hands perform like vices.

I completely agree with you, so no worries brother. I have been looking at some of those, I will definitely invest in some!

I plan to bend 10-20 60Ds either in singles or 1imp for volume to rehab.

Going from one imp to singles made them feel massive.

Thank you for watching and your advice.

• Like 1