Phantom 5 ? (very Hard 4)!

Captain Sam

I have a very hard #4 that is mesured around 225 (cant remember exactly) on the rgc scale and i was wondering A: if it is among the hardest ever mesured? An B: is anybody interested to own it? I might give it up for a soft #4 or even a soft 3,5. In my posession it will never be more than a paperweight...

If anybodys intressted in a swap, pm me.

That seems like a really hard #4 according to Cannons rating data. I'm sure one of the top guys here would want it.

In fact my #4 might be even harder, i saw my old log and actually we had to abort the mesuring when we had aded 100kg to the gripper in the RGC device me and a friend built. The table we used couldnt take any more weight :-) We built the device after a blueprint i found here on gripboard...

I randomly hung up a gripper in our training facility years back to fill out the offerings of the Ironmind grippers. Several of the official closers of the 3.5 tried (as one would think naturally )the 4 hanging in the gym. Nothing even close except a wince and shaken heads. I ordered a a Rice made tester and pre tested by Chris a Rice a unit to test a few of the important ( at least to me) grippers I have on hand. I was as careful as I could be and even though not using repeat random testing as in the PDA days I received some pretty reasonable feedback at least to magnitude. Our beastly "random "4 hanging on the wall came out at 224. It is still there ,perhaps another new unopened one should be put it it's place. If the other gripper mentioned does top 224 on a Rice calibration . I would be interested in buying it for our museum area.

• Like 1

If you go to the sticky thread RGC ratings on page 11 you can see all of my grippers that i calibrated...

I randomly hung up a gripper in our training facility years back to fill out the offerings of the Ironmind grippers. Several of the official closers of the 3.5 tried (as one would think naturally )the 4 hanging in the gym. Nothing even close except a wince and shaken heads. I ordered a a Rice made tester and pre tested by Chris a Rice a unit to test a few of the important ( at least to me) grippers I have on hand. I was as careful as I could be and even though not using repeat random testing as in the PDA days I received some pretty reasonable feedback at least to magnitude. Our beastly "random "4 hanging on the wall came out at 224. It is still there ,perhaps another new unopened one should be put it it's place. If the other gripper mentioned does top 224 on a Rice calibration . I would be interested in buying it for our museum area.

Ok guys. Mr Sorin and i worked out a deal so it will not be so long before we see how "brick" this brick really is :-) Im sending it to him as soon as possible, stay posted!

Matti Heiskanen have:

IM#4_2005 / 105,75kg / 233.44lbs / rating = 4.41

Oh my, my hard #4 might just be average:-) Somehow i doubt that, i mean 100kg/222pounds and the handles did not touch. I dont remember by how much but clearly it wasent closed....

I bought it in 2008/9 but its the old disign with just a simple 4 on the bottom of each handle...

Captain Sam,

About 6 years ago I was drinking beer and on this forum, You said something ( I don't remember what) And I was a asshole to you. It has bothered me for years. I'm sorry about that.

• Like 7

Cemery, i dont even remember so it cool!

Its in the mail to Mr Sorin and i will now eagerly await his calibration...

Captain Sam,

About 6 years ago I was drinking beer and on this forum, You said something ( I don't remember what) And I was a asshole to you. It has bothered me for years. I'm sorry about that.

reps for spreading the love

I have one that was 227 new before it was filed.

You needed to make it harder??!!

You caught that did ya. :grin:

• Like 1

Aaron :rock

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys. Mr Sorin and i worked out a deal so it will not be so long before we see how "brick" this brick really is :-) Im sending it to him as soon as possible, stay posted!

Any news, Sam?

Yeah, Mr Sorin told me it was very similar if not identical in terms of "Brickness" to his own in house hardest 4, but further testing will be made by Mr Sorin. It will remain in Sorinex custody for everyone to try it there, good luck! :-)