Hrs 29.5" X 20 Mm Braced Bend War

Ivan Beritashvili

Nine months passed since I have bent 80 cm x 20 mm bar in February for 2nd spot in braced benders list.

That bend was very tough and was my maximum. So 75 cm bar layed untouched for all this time. I just wasn't ready. Neither physically, nor mentally.

I gained some meat, gained more overall strength with farmers, yokes, presses, eagle loops lockouts, significantly improved my leg crush, my hips toughened from hoseshoes. So yesterday at 29th of November I decided to give a go to 75 cm x 20 mm bar.

It resulted in 11 minutes of true war with HUGE efforts applied and lots of pain. This my biggest steel bend for today.

Honestly i was about to give up when for about a minute couldn't find the way how to get the bar to past 90 degrees. As I have written on facebook today I feel like been well-beaten with a baseball bat. My hips are very sore, my ribs ache, my right elbow pit (brachioradialis muscle) is smashed.

This bend is worth of every single feeling I have now in my body. This is a big victory and my big pride. I broke my own mental barriers and I know that I will cert on it in time. But for today - it is something I don't want to repeat in closest future.

Hope I sound not very dramatic :D:D:D

0sUHzFPxJX4.jpg

Edited by Ivan Beritashvili
  • Like 2

Damn Ivan. That was a hell of a fight. Huge congrats. I know you wanted this for a long time.

This is Awesome!!! Congrats Ivan!!! And can I say that both of your sweep techniques are cool.

Top of the mountain bend right there. I can remember how braced bending really beats you up so I can appreciate this monumental bend.

Great job.

Damn Ivan. That was a hell of a fight. Huge congrats. I know you wanted this for a long time.

Thank you brother! a very desired piece of steel. I have to train more to bend it faster.

Wooooo, congratulations Ivan!

Thank you Jose!

That's a crazy bend to watch. Well done!

Thanks for watching Jared!

that's really impressive!

Thank you Josh!! Glad you like it!

This is Awesome!!! Congrats Ivan!!! And can I say that both of your sweep techniques are cool.

Thank you Carter!! I can proudly say, that elbow grab technique is my invention. It is the strongest and the most mechanically effecient.

World class!

Congratulations Ivan!

Appreciation from the leader is just priceless. Thank you Manthos!

Top of the mountain bend right there. I can remember how braced bending really beats you up so I can appreciate this monumental bend.

Great job.

Thank you for kind words Tim! I know you are very experienced bender.

Could you please share videos of your top-bends from braced list submissions? I would be very grateful.

Ivan,

It's not that easy. When I was braced bending I recorded the videos on an old format VHS recorder, then dubbed it to DVD and mailed it to David Horne.

Basically, all those old bends are in a box in the basement on VHS-C tapes and my old DVD recorder burned out a couple years ago.

Maybe one day I'll be able to transfer them and I'd like to. I never was the long bar bender that you, Manthos and some of the other guys are though, I can tell you that. Spike length was my big thing and I think I had the mid-bar record at one point but that was a good night and the longer mid-range stuff is out of my zone. I think I tried a 29.5 inch 3/4 inch bar a few times but never even got remotely close.

I know you had to feel that bend and congratulations once again.

Thank you Carter!! I can proudly say, that elbow grab technique is my invention. It is the strongest and the most mechanically effecient.

That IS something to be proud of!!!! I will certainly have to try that one day whenever I get into long bar bending.