Care And Maintenance Of The Spring Grippers

Clay Edgin

After seeing the pics of broken grippers, I'd like to do whatever I can to prevent that from happening. Obviously, the best way to keep the grippers from breaking is to NOT squeeze them, but that ain't happening anytime soon :)

So what do you use to keep the spring clean? I figure WD40 would work well.

Your thoughts?

BTW, I love this friggin board. I'm addicted. If it wasn't for the fact my hands hurt so much, I'd run out right now and go train them some more...

Stick with the wd- 40, it works great.

L.J.

I think that any gripper can break without warning at any time. Oil or WD-40 will not prevent that. Gripper springs are not failing because of rust. The longer you use it the sooner it's going to break. As the Irish would say.

Clay,

Adhere to the advice from IronMind: treat the grippers just like you would a loaded barbell, with RESPECT! BTW, best way to oil it - a dab of WD-40 on an old toothbrush and slowly work it into the springs. Don't get any on the handle. WD-40 is a penatrating oil so it's perfect for the grippers.

Also... don't forget to talk to your grippers everyday! Tell them that YOU are getting stronger and that THEY are getting weaker! :blink Trust me - this works. :rolleyes;)

I like using a product named "Liquid Wrench". It is a silicone

based product as opposed to a petroleum based. It has no odor

and actually penetrates the steel wire.

One thing though, do not bother with treating a chrome plated

spring.