20 Lb Sledgehammer Fingerwalks

kodyburns

This has been a goal of mine for a long time :D brewtalll!

Is there tape on the handle?

My handle is so slick.

Been thinking about putting tape on mine too

Edited by PeterSweden
  • Like 1

This has been a goal of mine for a long time :D brewtalll!

Is there tape on the handle?

My handle is so slick.

Been thinking about putting tape on mine too

Thanks ! Yeah i put a layer of athletic tape on all mine for traction. Helps me get more use out of them.
  • Like 1

I mainly used to do these on active recovery days and still do all the time but after I figured out it was helping my Little Big Horn numbers I started going heavier. Very rewarding if you ask me. I never train on the actual Horn. Just test every now and then. Ive probably only went max on the LBH maybe 5 times ever and thats including the last two King Kong contests. I rarely train with the actual Horn. More assistance work is where its at for me.

• Like 1

Wow Kody, that's extremely impressive finger walking right there man!

It was already pointed out how strict you did it, but I gotta mention it one more time cause its that dang good!!

• Like 2

You guys showed me that at the Get Together last time down. It's a fooler - I watched you and Jon do it and you made it look so easy - NOT. I keep forgetting to throw it into my workouts but its a good exercise. I've always done "broom walks" which is like this but with the thumb up walking the handle.

• Like 2

I tried this at 20lbs and it was way to difficult for me. Did it at 16.5lbs and it was a struggle.

• Like 1

Im going to tape my handle up and try this in a few days!

• Like 1

did 2 sets with my 12 at the end today. it seems like something that you could do even if you were cut up from pinching.

Always wondered how to do these correctly, thanks man! 20lbs....beast.

Agreed, I've seen these mentioned a lot but never realized what you guys meant. Now I know. Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

Wow Kody, that's extremely impressive finger walking right there man!

It was already pointed out how strict you did it, but I gotta mention it one more time cause its that dang good!!

Thanks alot Frank ! I appreciate that !

A gem of an exercise that I don't do enough. Crazy Kody.

• Like 1

You guys showed me that at the Get Together last time down. It's a fooler - I watched you and Jon do it and you made it look so easy - NOT. I keep forgetting to throw it into my workouts but its a good exercise. I've always done "broom walks" which is like this but with the thumb up walking the handle.

Yeah these are great Chris. Same principle. I love the way it makes the hands feel. Fun to train too.

I tried this at 20lbs and it was way to difficult for me. Did it at 16.5lbs and it was a struggle.

Nice job ! 16.5 lbs isnt no fingerwalk in the park ! :)

did 2 sets with my 12 at the end today. it seems like something that you could do even if you were cut up from pinching.

Definitley ! You can also do them on light days if you have a lighter one. I like to use my 8lb for warming up and stretching on off days or active recovery days.

Agreed, I've seen these mentioned a lot but never realized what you guys meant. Now I know. Thanks for p

Agreed, I've seen these mentioned a lot but never realized what you guys meant. Now I know. Thanks for posting!

Edited by kodyburns

Agreed, I've seen these mentioned a lot but never realized what you guys meant. Now I know. Thanks for p

Agreed, I've seen these mentioned a lot but never realized what you guys meant. Now I know.

No problem. These can get pretty radical. You'll be movin along and then they sneak right up on ya.

• Like 1

Very Impressive!!!

Thanks David ! Wasn't sure how hard this was for anyone else but it gave me quite the challenge. Thought I would share the idea and see how hard or easy this might be for some guys. I think it would be a cool event for a contest someday. Sorda like a extra long vertical bar. Maybe 1.5 inch width. I guess you could go for max weight for attempts or have a designated weight and go for time instead. Either way it would have to be strictly judged to make sure there was no hopping the weight up. Maybe require some sort of device or have to have the forearm place against something to keep the arm straight so no bunny hopping it up. Just a thought....I like doin em. Look forward to seeing some guys post there best attempts. If no interest it's still one hell of a exercise !

• Like 1

I try to do em all the time now Tommy. When I first started doin em I thought they kinda sucked to do but the pump was unreal. Then I thought it was just an extraordinary strength to have and figured since they suck that I probly should be doin em on the regular. I like to offset my heavy dexterity balls on the same night of training and go balls out for sets til you cant do em anymore. Makes the hands feel phenomenal for a few days afterwards !

I just did this with an 8lb sledge and am surprised at how pumped the hands got from it. 20lbs is sick bro. And looked easy to boot!

Word

And thank you btw ! Edited by kodyburns

That was sick! Got to start training that. It looks awesome.

• Like 1

I made it with one 2,5 kg plate on it but I had to grunt and struggle.

Two plates tho...

• Like 1