Anyone In Ca Have An Inch Dumbbell?

Clay Edgin

I'm anxious to give it a try, but not ready to drop the cash to buy one. Short of actually making one, I think my best bet will be to see if anyone in CA has an Inch dumbbell. I'm in Salinas, a couple hours south of the San Francisco Bay Area and would be happy to meet someone within a couple hours drive to give it a go.

BTW, I know Ironmind is located in CA but they're a good 5-6 hr drive from me. I've been thinking about taking a road trip up there to personally buy the Inch replica and get certified on the #3. I have to get better with the gripper first though. I closed it on my first day with it and haven't had much success with it since then. Probably because I can't put the grippers down long enough to let my hands fully recover!

Clay,

I suspect the Inch bells may not be in stock at

Ironmind, but may be shipped from the manufacturer.

This is a guess, but were I a distributor I would not want to pay for shipping to me and then have to also charge the customer for both shippings.

Last time I heard only approx 100 Inch bells have been sold.

You closed a #3 the first time you picked it up?
Nah, it took three tries to get it.
Yesterday my #3 came and I got it to within 1/4" on the first squeeze. I tried it again and got it to within 1/8". I tried a couple more times but it wasn't going. On the way home, I stopped at a red light and decided to give it another go - and I closed it!
Edited by RSW

Clay,

I suspect the Inch bells may not be in stock at

Ironmind, but may be shipped from the manufacturer.

This is a guess, but were I a distributor I would not want to pay for shipping to me and then have to also charge the customer for both shippings.

Last time I heard only approx 100 Inch bells have been sold.

Roark, thanks for the info. I don't know why, but I had imagined walking into Ironmind and seeing a dozen or so Inch dumbbells sitting on the floor :blush

As RSW said, I didn't close it on my first try, it took a few times to get it shut. I've only closed it once since then, which pisses me off and is another rant entirely...