Real Iphone Benders #bendgate #bendghazi

Devin Annis

So.... has everyone seen the video of some hipster trying to bend phones? I was just wondering if there are any videos of someone with real strength trying to bend a cell phone.

BTW, please don't try this unless you really know what you are doing. I am sure there are battery acids, jagged pieces and other dangers associated with actually bending a cell phone.

• Like 1

Doesn't really sound that hard to be honest but maybe I'm missing something. I'm sure if I tried it on the phone I actually use, I could crush it to pieces.

• Like 2

I was actually watching these this morning. The iPhone 6 plus sucks!!

I believe twisting it like a deck of cards would destroy it. I'd be real surprised if I couldn't do it.

I remember breaking one of the old nokia brick phones in half with an overhand bending style years ago for a coworker that wanted a new phone but could only get it replaced if his existing one was broke. Those old Nokias were darn near bomb proof. I think if I remember right I was either at or close to a 5/16 x 7" G5 bolt level bender at that point. That was fun. These new ones should be no challenge.

- Aaron

• Like 3

Yeah, I imagine those old brick phones would've been rough.

I dont get it. They cost like a fortune and then you break it for some likes on facebook or whatever. Oh humanity

Edit: I guess this is about the newest Iphone

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

I dont get it. They cost like a fortune and then you break it for some likes on facebook or whatever. Oh humanity

Sponsors. Guys get them for free or at a huge discount. Some guys like this hipster make a living just making videos. I'm jelly.

Sponsors. Guys get them for free or at a huge discount. Some guys like this hipster make a living just making videos. I'm jelly.

Okey. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Interwebz never cease to amaze.. :D

I remember back in the day Ericsson made the sturdiest phone ever. You could run it over with your car. One of the kids at my school owned one and incouraged another kid to throw it on the wall, insisting that it wouldn't break. Well, the phone didn't break. The wall broke. It was made of some thin gauss-type wood and behind it was a real concrete wall. The phone went right through it and ended up inbetween the walls where it got stuck. The school didn't bother fishing out his phone. They fixed the wall and left his phone in there. And for a few days, before the battery died, we all had a blast hearing the wall ring while we were calling his phone.

• Like 4

Now I'm feeling old. At my school we had a payphone in the lobby. Nobody had a cell phone or as they were called, car phones back then.

• Like 1

No one had them in school when I went either. I was at the tail end of that though grad in 97.

I read the new iPhone bends with only 70lbs of force!! So anyone could bend it lol serious.

Funny thing my 2 sons are 10 an 14 years old and like most kids, they are quite good at electronics. However, we were going through an antique mall a while back and when we came to an old rotary phone I just couldn't get it through to them how it worked. Really blew their minds.

• Like 1