St Croix Ultra Lite 000 Rim Bend And #3 Attempt

JoshW

St Croix Ultra Lite 000 Rim bend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqTjJxWxu0w&feature=youtu.be

#3 attempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LinQz1kxcxY&feature=youtu.be

With the horseshoe bend I found this one a lot harder compared to the kerkhaert but glad I bent it first try. The #3 will be going down soon, you can see how close it was!

post-23364-0-65829600-1409686346_thumb.j

• Like 1

I am genuinely impressed that you can kink that shoe like that. I just saw the other thread where you said that you were going to stick with this kink style for the time being, so good luck man!

If you want to try something else different, here is Sonny Barry unbraced kinking a Horseshoe with his bare hands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4NlpSF2sPE

I have done that kink with wraps on a SCF UL #2 but that's it.

I am definately going to have to try your kink sometime.

Edited by wulfgeat

Good attempt on the #3. You can actually close this gripper right now if work on your set. You are losing a lot of power due to poor set technique.

Watch this video over and over and practice your set:

Great job though. Keep plugging away.

I am clueless to how strong the st Croix 000 is, isn't it the weakest shoe they make? It definitely felt harder but I did ache all over from the previous bending session especially my chest , triceps and obliques. But thanks!! I need to find more shoes and harder ones!

Thanks chez for the advice I definitely feel I have the strength to close the grippers and will get it closed next time! My set has weakened due to 6 weeks of choker work but I will study the video and improve then cert the mm0!

My set has weakened due to 6 weeks of choker work

Yep, this is why I don't like chokers. They can be used effectively in training but I always tell people not to over use them or their set will suffer. I never use them for that reason.

It has helped me but I don't regret any training that ive done towards the #3 as I am so close to completing my goal but that last millimetre will go next workout, I will need advice on how to cert the MM0 as I not sure if it has to be a parallel set.

I am clueless to how strong the st Croix 000 is, isn't it the weakest shoe they make? It definitely felt harder but I did ache all over from the previous bending session especially my chest , triceps and obliques. But thanks!! I need to find more shoes and harder ones!

Actually, the Lite rim 000 is an upper level beginner shoe. The Utra lite rim #2 is one of (if not the) weakest shoes in existence. There is a progression list on both the Top Twenty HS bender list pinned in the bending forum, and two more lists posted at the beginning of the thread I started.

Actually, the Lite rim 000 is an upper level beginner shoe. The Utra lite rim #2 is one of (if not the) weakest shoes in existence. There is a progression list on both the Top Twenty HS bender list pinned in the bending forum, and two more lists posted at the beginning of the thread I started.

I am sorry, I didn't see the Ultra in the title. For some reason, I saw 000 and assumed it was a lite rim 000 which is an upper beginner level shoe. I looked at the progression list that Ivan gave me (that I posted in the thread I started) and it shows this order for the Ultra Lites (increasing difficulty): #2, #1, 0, 00, and 000. So according to that, the Ultra lite 000 is not the weakest shoe they make.

I'm going to buy a lite rim #3 next to try as I think I can kink it at least. But looking at that list will come in useful! Safe to say I'm hooked on HS bending...

• Like 1