Inch Lifters

Roark

Later this summer I want to make the Terrible Trio available for the public to try and I need input from those of who who have either one hand deadlifted it, or got it off the floor using only one hand.

What I need is your view on this:

Using a one inch, or olympic bar- what was your one hand deadlift level at the time you managed to hoist the Inch?

I am thinking of using this pitch- because when some guys who think they are strong hear that the Inch is only 172 lbs, they may not be interested:

"Among those who have been able to urge the Inch off the floor with one hand, a one hand deadlift on a normal size bar of_____was needed."

Thanks.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strong Man

• Roark

• Bill Piche

• mobsterone

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if a standard size bar would help. But perhaps the guys can come up with some kinda slogan (John Beatty did)

Mobster,

I was probably unclear. What I mean is, because most

people have experience with only standard size bars, mentioning a thicker bar will have no meaning to them.

At the Arnold Classic once I overheard some teenagers who had heard about the Inch replica that was being offered as a challenge lift at one of the booths, say,

"172 pounds? That's nothing" because they were thinking in standard size bars.

But anyone who has trained will know what a 400 lb deadlift, or 200 lb or whatever feels like, and though they have probably not tried a max one hand deadlift, if I could

communicate the challenge involved it might spark interest.

What was your one hand deadlift level on a standard bar

at the time you first lifted the Inch?

And, please, anyone else who has lifted the Inch- even just inches off the floor, what was you one hand DL?

strong man

i think i can lift the inch up, my one hand dl is 230lbs-240lbs

I wonder if Bill has been monitoring strongman's posts? Not that I am doubting you-I just want some video proof.

You claim you can lift the Inch and the Blob-so lets see it.

Rick Walker :rock

roark,

i know it seems doubtfull but i can also lift 205 on a 2 inch dumbbell pretty easy

Strong Man,

If you can lift (deadlift?) only 205 lbs on a 2" bar,

the ratio is skewed.

There are many who can deadlift 205 on a 2" bar who cannot deadlift the Inch 172.

Do you have an Inch? Or access to one?

Please clarify when you say you 'think' you can lift one.

Have you in fact, and if so, when where etc.

Hand length, bodyweight.

Thank you.

Guest gripmaster316

what strongman lifted wasn't really a dumbell, it was a makeshift dumbell. What I did was I split the plates evenly on one side of an olympic barbell to make a makeshift dumbell. The result was a 2 inch handle that rotated, which made the lift much harder.

To those who don't know strongman is my brother

Edited by gripmaster316

The Straub brothers on the Big Steel gallery page? Nik and Stefan? Just a guess? Sorry if I misspelled names.

what strongman lifted wasn't really a dumbell, it was a makeshift dumbell. What I did was I split the plates evenly on one side of an olympic barbell to make a makeshift dumbell. The result was a 2 inch handle that rotated, which made the lift much harder.

To those who don't know strongman is my brother

How is that a rotating dumbell? If you have the weights on the sleeve and are gripping the middle of the sleeve then its not rotating. To be a valid rotating handle it has to rotate independantly from where the weight plates are loaded. Not to mention the fact that if you have all the weight on one side of a dumbell wouldn't the balance be totally off? Is the opposite side of the barbell completely being lifted from the ground as well?

correct bender we are from tom black web site

Guest gripmaster316

I am getting sick and tired of this barbell thing, instead of criticizing me, give it a try. How is it a rotating dumbell? The sleeve of an Olympic barbell revolves. when you try to lift it, it can rotate right out of your hand. incidium, if you think this is easy, load 250 pounds on one side of the barbell, split the plates in half, and proceed to lift.

May we please revert to my original question. :blink

Of those who have indeed lifted an Inch- even just a few inches- what was your standard bar one hand deadlift at that time.

Thanks.

I wonder if Bill has been monitoring strongman's posts? Not that I am doubting you-I just want some video proof.

You claim you can lift the Inch and the Blob-so lets see it.

Rick Walker :rock

Where did he claim that Rick?

To gripmaster316. Better get a thick skin around here. This board is unlike other forums. Please review our rules about claims made, etc. There is a link at the top of the board.

You will get scrutinized every which way when you make claims here. However, this crew will also be the first to pat you on the back when you walk the walk with proof. :rock

ya rick when did i claim that!

i only saod i think!!!!! i can lift the inch, and if you want me to buy one and send it to me

i only said i think i can lift it, but if u go and buy one for me i'll take a pic of me trying to lift it (or lifting)

Strong man

When you say i will be the youngest grip master,do you mean the youngest captain of crush,if so good on ya,i wish you all the luck :D

But if you mean GRIPMASTER,then that encompasses all forms of

hand,wrist,thumb,fingers and forearm strength,then you have a very BIG mountain to climb to aspire to the heights of such GRIPMASTERS as

John Brookfield,Richard Sorin,David Horne etc.

i just mean captains of crush

Getting back on track - if some of you could manage that for a minute - Joe I never did normal size bar one hand deadlifts and the closest I can is think is the lifting of one end of an olympic bar a la Henry Gray??

i only said i think i can lift it, but if u go and buy one for me i'll take a pic of me trying to lift it (or lifting)

All I can say to this is fix your avatar.

:rolleyes

Okay, then.

I'll switch to another advertising hook. :unsure

I'm sure a brainiac from here can thing of a winning line for you to use.