Class 8.8-g5 5/16''x7'' Bolt Bend

MANTHOS

Good to see you back

Damn in single imps also, incredible bend man. Time to attack some stronger stuff now.

Holy shnikeeees dude. That was incredible!!!

Thanks Mike!

Dang man! You made that look easy! Great job :)

Thank you brother!

Good to see you back

Good to be back. Thank you EJ!

Wow, incredible bend

Thank you Frank!

Damn in single imps also, incredible bend man. Time to attack some stronger stuff now.

Thank you Stephen but for this bend I use double suede, about 1.35'' thick. Maybe someday my hands will be conditioned enough so I could do one of these bolts with IMPs. Thanks again brother!

Nice work. How many lbs do these bolts rate?

Thank you brother.They are above 500 but I don't know exactly. Maybe between 520 and 540?

great bend! good to see you back at it.

Hey Tommy, thank you brother!

Awesome bend Manthos ... and really great to see you back at it!

Great bend and it is good to see you on here. I've heard alot about your bending strength and it's quite impressive.

Awesome bend Manthos ... and really great to see you back at it!

Thank you Carl! I feel really good I can put bending back in my program.

Great bend and it is good to see you on here. I've heard alot about your bending strength and it's quite impressive.

Thank you very much for the kind words Tim!

Hannes sent me a box of steel that had some class 8.8 bolts in it exactly like the one you bent above. Id say the poundages you posted are dead on if memory serves me correct. They are basically the exact same as an Edgin.

By the way, that looked super easy for you dude! Based off how easy that was, id say your ready for a BG8 right now!

And on a side note, if this is where your ability is at after lots of time off, then youd be a monster after a couple months of staying with it.

I have a couple of class 10.9 black bolts at 5/16''x7''+(180mm). I think these are the exact same as a G8. I know the step from a G5 to a G8 is big and those 10.9 look nasty, but I'll give it a try to check where I am. Word :grin:

10.9 are basically the metric equivalent of grade 8.

If you ever run into the "grade 12" bolts they will snap. Just a word of caution.

10.9 are basically the metric equivalent of grade 8.

If you ever run into the "grade 12" bolts they will snap. Just a word of caution.

I remember hannes sent some bolt to tommy a while back that was class 12.9 at 7 5/16 I could be mistaken. I don't think it was bendable anyways but he got a slight kink on it. I believe they are supposed to be quite a bit stronger then grade 8.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Years back John Beatty tried some cap head 12.9 grade bolts and they snapped. I've got a few 1/4 inch ones but I've never been brave enough to try and snap one.

I've seen them break at the threads where you are talking about but I was thinking this bolt broke at the end. If Ben Edwards sees this post he'll know for sure.

I've seen a lot of bent bolts that had the threads bent in even more and figured it was due to what you are talking about.