Leverage Bars And Nail Bending

savagewood

I was just wondering which type of lever bar moves carry over the most to nail bending? Also are there any other assistance moves of value to benders? I plan to start bending as soon as I certify.

Go to the hardware store buy you a box of 16d nails sit down and bend ever last one of them. Then buy a box of 20d, do the same and so on. Go to yard sales people will sale you jars of nails for 25 cents. I have bent for hrs before. Then it just becomes natural after 2 yrs and thousands of nails. Do not think of the pain only the goal. I try to learn a different language or listen to Bach or one of the great ones. Hope I helped.

bender53,

Is there any length of nail that is preferred? The longest I can find are the 4" ones... will those do? :blink

Yes 4'' nails are a good start. I shop around for my nails and boy does my wife hate it. But I have been blessed by living here in Dutch Amish country. They build everything out of wood and nails. So I have found out where they shop and man it is like a nail buffet. And I have horseshoes for dessert. :tongue

Hey bender53... can ya send some of them thar horseshoes and some nails my way? Like to try a few myself....

Yes Snot I will send you a "care package"! I sent Tommy one he loved it. I send you some 50d some are harder than 60d. What size shoe you wear? OOO Wilbur!! :blink:whacked:rolleyes

What is the technique for nail bending, hold both hands palm down with the nail across your palms and bend down???

Do you wrap it in a towel?

How is Rick going to run the IM nail bending at his contest? What is the technique

Sorry for the stupid questions...

Hey savagewood,

For levering I used an 8 lb sledge to help me when I first started bending. I was able to do the green nail and I was stuck. I started levering a sledge, holding onto the handle with it parallel to the ground and then rotating it so that it was again parallel with the hammer head facing the other direction. After 3 months of that and moving most of the way down the handle the yellow nail was easy. I would recomend giving levering a try as you start bending. It's helped me and some of my friends improve our bending while staying injury free.

O Sir Great Snot A Lot, The care package is sitting by the door ready to be mailed. You going like it!!!