Grip Maintenance...

Guest choezen1

Guest choezen1

hi guys. would like to know if there's away to maintain your grippers. i've been workin on my CoC and # 1 and everytime i do reps on them. it sqeaks. :pinch. just wonderin if you suppose to apply some oil on the spring once in awhile. thanks.

I would not use a wire brush to clean the handles of grippers. The wire will most likely be harder than the aluminum and damage it.

Get an old toothbrush and squirt some of that fantastic stuff called WD-40 on it. Then carefully paint the springs with it. Be careful NOT to get any of the stuff on the handles! Hope this helped....

I'll have to give this a try as well, I've never done any maintence on any of my grippers.

Although, wouldn't another lubricant be more suitable then wd-40 such as a silicone based one???

Jon@han

I clean the aluminum gripper handles with a tootbrush and comet cleanser. I then place the gripper upright and spring down to dry. When dry I use a Q tip to apply 3 in 1 oil to the spring only, being careful to not get any oil on the handles. The grippers will then look like they did when you first got them. I should take such good care as that of myself! :D

The springs on my eilte and heavy elite were yery dull so I put the wire wheel on the hand grinder then wiped them down with WD40 now there lookin damn near like chrome.