Plate Pinching Pr's

Frank Pizzo

I saw David Mitti doing the pair of 25's for a clean and then press and thought I would give it a go...I tried it first last weekend but failed repeatedly, but this weekend I did it 5 times in a row with my right hand, but unfortunately the tendinitis in my left arm prevented me from doing it even once to the left. I've also been trying to pinch my 35's since doing it at Andrew P's place a few weeks back. My 35's weigh in a little heavy so up until recently I've been failing at those. But I finally have been getting it consistently!

Pinch grip has been a weak point for me as some of you may know, but its getting better all the time. I'm happy with my progress so far, and thanks for taking a look.

• Like 2

Strong work Frank!

25's went up easy, same with the 35's with a nice little top hold!

Thanks David...and thanks for posting the original video which got me motivated to go out and try something different.

Nice pinch work frank. Those pinch presses look fun I've never thought to try that.

Strong lift and cool feat. Has any of the strong pinch guys tried to do 2 35's or 2 45's for a clean and jerk?

:rockGetting stronger.

I really did enjoy the one set 100+' for alternating 35 lb pair plate pinch around border of the gym. It is a short term but intense bout of exercise and the grip being alternate and the carry perhaps timed for a good reference criteria was vey effective. For years I was so right hand dominant In technique based grip feats my left now is just starting to awaken. My holding power never wavered but as in writing left handed the skill was never acquired. I like the functional aspect of the exercise as well.

Nice pinch work frank. Those pinch presses look fun I've never thought to try that.

Thanks man, and yeah they are pretty fun! I think I'm gonna try snatching them next time.

Strong lift and cool feat. Has any of the strong pinch guys tried to do 2 35's or 2 45's for a clean and jerk?

Thanks Stephen; and I was wondering the same thing about 35's and 45's. I'm sure there are a few guys on here that could do them, maybe some one will upload a video of it in the near future.

Nice pinchin!

Thanks Tom

:rockGetting stronger.

Thanks Andrew; I feel obligated to at least try and catch up to you! Especially with all the pointers and workout advice you've been giving me.

I really did enjoy the one set 100+' for alternating 35 lb pair plate pinch around border of the gym. It is a short term but intense bout of exercise and the grip being alternate and the carry perhaps timed for a good reference criteria was vey effective. For years I was so right hand dominant In technique based grip feats my left now is just starting to awaken. My holding power never wavered but as in writing left handed the skill was never acquired. I like the functional aspect of the exercise as well.

Thanks for taking a look Mr. Sorin. The feat you described in your post sounds pretty brutal. Definitely something to work towards some day!

Quality feats, Frank!

Quality feats, Frank!

Thanks for taking a look Eric!

Very strong

Nice work Frank!

Thanks you very much

Very strong

Thanks E.J.