Did My First 45lbs. Cheat Plate Curl

stratavarious_connection

just about 10 minutes ago I fully completed a 45lbs. plate curl with momentum. certainly this IS quite a ways away from being able to do this without cheating...nonetheless, I am very pleased. I am hopefull that by the end of the year I will be able to plate curl a 45lbs. plate with good form :)

Great job.

You'll have it conquered in no time.

:rock

thanks for the reply....I certainly hope that I will have that beast curled by years end :rock:rock:rock

Awesome job!

Good stuff! I think cheating the plate up will help you condition yourself for a truer curl so keep it up!!!!

Jon@han

Great job. I'm curious how many reps you can do with a 35-pound plate or maybe a 35 with extra weight attached. I once curled a 45-pound plate myself with a lot of momentum at the time I was curling the 35-pounds fairly easily but strict.

Tom,

11 reps strict with either hand ( without repositioning )is the last # I have reached...this was a couple of weeks ago....perhaps this # will be up by a couple repetitions on my next strong day. I use a Ivanko 35lbs. plate....the 45lbs. plate is a York plate with thinner thickness....I find that the problem with doing reps is the stamina required , particularily in the thumbs...this seems to be where the weak link resides. doing the plate with extra weight attached is hard to say....the reason being, the last time I was doing additional weight on my 35 was nearly 10 months ago...around that time I was using an additional 10 lbs..not super strict though & I beleive that I am stronger now than I was back then.... also around that time I had broken my middle finger of my left hand. so I discontinued doing all grip work for nearly 6 months.in the next few weeks I will see how much weight I can curl on top of my 35...as always, thanks for the replies :):rock

Have you considered using a plate curl trainer? I made one a few weeks ago. It is about 1 to 4 ratio or in other words a 5 lb weight feels like 20 lbs. Or is that 4 to 1 ?

OldGuy,

I'm not sure what exactly is a plate curl trainer ( dimensions, how it's made etc. ) :mellow