Baraban Rated Gripper @ 140lbs With Coc3 Fail

EJ Livesey

RB Gripper came in at 140lbs and was Rated by Chris Rice. Im sending this new coc and two others to Jedd to be rated. I missed the 3 by 3/16" or so. same thing happened yesterday with a block set. Ill get it eventually. My arm is sore, time to go back to bending.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

RB Gripper came in at 140lbs and was Rated by Chris Rice. Im sending this new coc and two others to Jedd to be rated. I missed the 3 by 3/16" or so. same thing happened yesterday with a block set. Ill get it eventually. My arm is sore, time to go back to bending.

Nice man.

Just to let you know...I find my off days on grippers to be similar to my off days bending.

In other words...today you may miss a gripper and tomorrow...you smash and grind it. Our CNS's are strange bedfellows.

Nate you are so right. I can usually miss a big bend and a week later get it. Not sure about the grippers tho. My CNS is fried. Between the bending and the grippers, I have a slight case of the shakes. That's my CNS fighting back.

• Like 2

I'd say that you set the gripper too far back in your hand man.

If you had set it better, the gripper might have shut fully :)

Watch paulies video again and take out a lighter gripper. set it over and over and over and over again :)

When you get the set, you smash coc3.

I see that you kinda pinch down on the handles as you try to set it.

Try to just use your thumb to press the handle against your palm and your folded indexfinger as the last bit of your whole arm pressing down on the handle as you set it.

Dont pinch it, force it with yur whole arm.

THumbs is just for stabilization.

Pardon my English too.

I'd say that you set the gripper too far back in your hand man.

If you had set it better, the gripper might have shut fully :)

Watch paulies video again and take out a lighter gripper. set it over and over and over and over again :)

When you get the set, you smash coc3.

I see that you kinda pinch down on the handles as you try to set it.

Try to just use your thumb to press the handle against your palm and your folded indexfinger as the last bit of your whole arm pressing down on the handle as you set it.

Dont pinch it, force it with yur whole arm.

THumbs is just for stabilization.

Pardon my English too.

Thank you so much. That really makes sense and makes it click. I'll practice tonight at work.

• Like 1

I can set my 214 lbs coc4 so hard that it closes on the set and I can hold it there as long as my setting hand is still there.

Far from able to closing it tho,

As you are a way better bender than me, you should be able to do the same in setting.

I think setting a gripper remind me alot of a bend.

I try to have my forearms inline with eachother aswell when I set it. So the force wont escape to the sides.

I can set my 214 lbs coc4 so hard that it closes on the set and I can hold it there as long as my setting hand is still there.

Far from able to closing it tho,

As you are a way better bender than me, you should be able to do the same in setting.

I think setting a gripper remind me alot of a bend.

I try to have my forearms inline with eachother aswell when I set it. So the force wont escape to the sides.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you for explaining. Looks like I have some practicing to do.