Fractional Plates/washers For Small Increments?

truth1ness

What do you guys use for small fractional increments? I'm looking for some fractional plates under a pound for my titan's telegraph key and also for smaller increments when levering (the lever arm of these two exercises amplifies weight increases and even my 1 1/4 plate seems a bit more than I want sometimes). They have a standard sized 1inch plate pin on it (not 2 inch oly). I've seen olympic fractional plates with 2 inch holes but they are too large. I've heard of people using large washers but I've only seen washers with much smaller holes, like 1/2 in max.

If it were a loading pin I could just throw some random junk on top, but because the TTK and levering is always changing angles I'd like something snug fitting.

I just use a pony clamp or two to micro load.

Cheap, and they usually come in at half a pound or less.

Lots of places sell washers designed for a 1" shaft (and about any other size you might want - I have them up to 2 1/2" or so also). I get the smaller ones - up to 1" at Tractor Supply. Light enough for about any micro load and pretty cheap as well - Tractor Supply sells them by the pound.

I just use a pony clamp or two to micro load.

Cheap, and they usually come in at half a pound or less.

Yeah, there is endless stuff like this that will work. For a vertical stack, an IM hub is ~1# and any given gripper is about 1/2#.

Thanks guys. I'll try looking one more time to see if I can find washers with 1" holes and if not throw a few pony clamps on. Great simple suggestion!

What do you guys use for small fractional increments? I'm looking for some fractional plates under a pound for my titan's telegraph key and also for smaller increments when levering (the lever arm of these two exercises amplifies weight increases and even my 1 1/4 plate seems a bit more than I want sometimes). They have a standard sized 1inch plate pin on it (not 2 inch oly). I've seen olympic fractional plates with 2 inch holes but they are too large. I've heard of people using large washers but I've only seen washers with much smaller holes, like 1/2 in max.

If it were a loading pin I could just throw some random junk on top, but because the TTK and levering is always changing angles I'd like something snug fitting.

Lots of places sell washers designed for a 1" shaft (and about any other size you might want - I have them up to 2 1/2" or so also). I get the smaller ones - up to 1" at Tractor Supply. Light enough for about any micro load and pretty cheap as well - Tractor Supply sells them by the pound.

When I was shopping for hardware to manufacture a double hammer set-up, I found some washers for the exact purpose for which you described. I bought some but I don't remember the exact sizes.

I took them to the science building at my college and weighed them on their scales in grams and then converted that to ounces. The bigger ones vary more that the smaller ones. My heaviest washer (where the hole measures 1 5/8 and the diameter of the washer is 3 and 15/16) is 6.7 ounces, and my lightest is 5.22 ounces. with the next size down (same size hole but a diameter of 2 and 15/16), I have four 3.809 ounce washers, three 3.527 ounce washers, and one 3.456 ounce. With my smallest washer size (1 9/16 inch diameter hole with a 2 and 13/16 total diameter), I have a range from 3.24-2.89 ounces. The one time that I have used them on my TTK, I found that I didn't really notice the 6.7 ounce washer added to my max, so I added two more big ones (1.106 pounds total), to make a new max.

I feel like the lighter washers will be more useful later.

I mention that in an attempt to save you some money.

Edited by wulfgeat

Excuse me, the hole on the middle one is 1 3/8 inches in diameter.