Ghp6 Quick Close

EJ Livesey

Got this from a guy at work. I closed it first try. He was irritated to say the least, then he let me borrow it. I have a few grippers, some have been rated and put on my bending table and forgotten about. i keep telling myself one day ill start training grip, that day never comes. Can anyone give me pointers on setting the gripper in my hand? Is this good for a guy that never trains grip?

http://youtu.be/yItDheSCAh0

• Like 2

Got this from a guy at work. I closed it first try. He was irritated to say the least, then he let me borrow it. I have a few grippers, some have been rated and put on my bending table and forgotten about. i keep telling myself one day ill start training grip, that day never comes. Can anyone give me pointers on setting the gripper in my hand? Is this good for a guy that never trains grip?

http://youtu.be/yItDheSCAh0

Thanks for showing me up! >.<

Just kidding, great close bud

Sorry bro, I needed to post this because he expects it back this evening.

Edited by EJ Livesey

Haha, I was only joking man. That's a really good close for someone who doesn't train grippers imo

By the way, this is pretty much everything you need to know about setting grippers:

How to set a gripper: http://youtu.be/Qj9Ue9co4us

• Like 1

Nice. Thank you good sir. I will watch that tonight.

Strong close EJ. Paul's video is the best set technique video I have ever seen. Its how I learned to set.

• Like 1

Nice job EJ! I remember you grabbing Nate's GHP7 and closing it cold!

• Like 1

Nice job EJ! I remember you grabbing Nate's GHP7 and closing it cold!

Yea I remember that too, but I thought the handles were just a hair apart not quite touching. Wish I got that on video. But that was over a year ago, and the last time I touched a gripper. Maybe I'll dig out my 7 and give it a go.

• Like 1

Strong close EJ. Paul's video is the best set technique video I have ever seen. Its how I learned to set.

Thanks chez. I appreciate you checking it out.

Solid!

Solid!

Thanks Nate. I appreciate you checking it out.

Your set looked pretty good...your strength looked very good. Closing a GHP6 with a 1.5 inch set is gonna be around a light #3 with a parallel set like Josh said. I'd say that's pretty good for someone that doesn't train grip lol! I also agree that Paul's video is the best one that I have seen for technique, it the one that helped me the most. Look forward to seeing you close a GHP7!

• Like 1

You could probably close a lighter #3 man if not soon!

I have a 151lb coc3 that I missed by 1/4". It's weird too because a month ago I got it closed. Bending must be hurting my grip

Your set looked pretty good...your strength looked very good. Closing a GHP6 with a 1.5 inch set is gonna be around a light #3 with a parallel set like Josh said. I'd say that's pretty good for someone that doesn't train grip lol! I also agree that Paul's video is the best one that I have seen for technique, it the one that helped me the most. Look forward to seeing you close a GHP7!

Thanks bro. About a month ago I bought another 3. Its about 8lbs lighter than my 151, I know this because I can slam a RB rated at 140 and miss the new coc by 1/16" the rumor is and I've heard it a few times, the new CoC3 is low 140s. But I'm going to have the questionable grippers rated, I just sent the email out.

Grip really isn't my thing. After I close my new coc3 I'll probably leave the grippers alone for the next year or so. I'd rather focus on bending and get my goals out of the way.

Edited by EJ Livesey

I've heard it a few times, the new CoC3 is low 140s.

I don't have any information to the contrary. My newest number 3 gripper from a month or two ago came in at 145 lbs, so that seems to stick with the trend. I'm sure that there are still plenty coming in over 150, but I have also heard the same thing that a lot of them are in the mid 140's right now. Probably a good time for people to Cert!

Thats amazing to say the least, strong close. Also setting the

Gripper comes with time it just gets better and better

Haha, I was only joking man. That's a really good close for someone who doesn't train grippers imo

By the way, this is pretty much everything you need to know about setting grippers:

How to set a gripper: http://youtu.be/Qj9Ue9co4us

no doubt the best gripper video ever made. no offence to any others is intended.