O-1 Drill Rod "j" In Imp's

king crusher

I'm getting the hang of it a little more now. Here is a J. First try on one.

Next I will got for a K. In a few days

I got this J to 1 3/4 and know it could be smashed further.

How does this bend look? Getting better?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cLqKOaE-eOA

Nice long hits. Personally I liked to wrap my thumbs and first finger around the wrap like I was holding a drumstick, but that's just me.

Going back and watching those two red attempts I can't believe how close my hands were together. They were almost touching! And almost no red nail was visible in the middle. I've slowly been moving my hands further out on the ends. I know I have the strength for a red right now it's just getting the technique down!

I plan on bending one of each: k l m then getting the red done. Will the M be close to a red?

Is a J around 330-340?

Try not to bend over so much. That is wasted movement and effort that should be going into the bar. Another reason to not bend over is the fear of "posting". Posting your elbow on your knee, on harder bars where the crush is unreal. People will sometimes brush their elbow on their knee or hold it there for a millisecond to get that last little bit.

Leaning forward has helped a lot of guys but bending over has never helped anyone during a bend. A lot of strong benders will either lean a little forward or stand pretty straight.

Did you use chalk? Chalk is your friend, use it.

Edited by EJ Livesey

Yeah after watching the video I did not I was bending over a lot. Next time when I do the K I will stay more upright. Thanks for the advice ej.

I chalked my hands yes. Should I chalk the steel and pads too?

Yes chalk the pads as well. I've punched myself in the face a few times from pads slipping due to no chalk.

Ha nice. Yeah I will do that next time for sure.

Speaking of punching yourself in the face i almost knocked out a tooth today. Chalk in the pads will be a must for me every bend from now on.

Nice bend. You're getting this very quickly.

The red will be yours.

Thanks Tim. Yes I plan to bend the red soon. I have every piece I've ever bent. 8 60d timber ties from Home Depot, 2 6" bolts from Home Depot, 1 "I" drill rod and 1 "J" drill rod.

I also have my 8" piece of 5/16 threaded bar I bent. That was my first bend actually bit I used my leg to brace so I'm not counting that.

If all goes as planned I will do 1 K, L and M. Then the red.

Only reason I feel I've caught on is the good advice from the guys on here.

Always great advice on this board.

Give yourself credit though, it takes strength to bend this stuff and you've obviously got it.